27

(Unedited)

It's been four days since I've given Kennedy the book. She comes back and tells me when and shows me videos of what happened so that I can update her on what to tell the others to do or not do.

Wayland got back three days ago but he still hasn't come to see me, I'm not going to complain and say that I miss him because that would be a lie bigger than saying I'm not awesome. Taylor is back as well I didn't even know that she was gone, maybe that's why I was so happy the last couple of days.

Kennedy told me that she has moved into Wayland's wing and that they are preparing for her to have a purification ceremony. It's an old ritual that wolves and other supernatural creatures use to do so that their god or goddesses would have pity on them and their mate.

It was a way of showing the gods that they are willing to do anything for forgiveness. They want to wash away the mark that tints their soul, they want to become pure again in the god's eye.

You have to do what you have to do, if Taylor and Wayland aren't able to have kids then it falls on the Beta or the other siblings to have kids and those kids would take over the thrown. They might be best friends but the rest of the Kingdom won't want to have a royal rogue as their leader. It would taint their perfect kingdom, and nobody wants that.

Right?

One thing about those ceremonies is that it requires time to complete it. You can't stop now and continue next week unless you do it for the goddess river. The problem with that is that it can kill you. It takes about two months to complete and sometimes that gods don't even forgive the person. Then the person starts over again and again until forgiven if that ever happens.

There are many things that they can't do.

Kennedy barge into my room looking scarred.

"Liam went to the waters without telling us and while in there we saw water dragons. The Alpha and Beta are trying to get him out but they are failing. Can you please help them for me please."

Liam was her little brother, he wasn't born an Omega but he loved to hang out with the Omegas of this pack, that's what I heard after what Kennedy told me.

She had tears running down her face, her cheeks were puffy, eyes read. Her wolf was on the surface and was already accepting that her brother would no more be of this world.

I nod at her, soon as I did she looked that there was hope again in her eyes.

We run to through the trees, after a while fifteen minutes and Kennedy pushing people out the way we make it to the water's edge.

"We need to think of something, it has been centuries since we've seen one this close. The elders don't know what to do." August says to Wayland.

"Has he tried swimming closer," we turn to look at Taylor, she looked sad for the pup.

"Yes, but they created a barrier around him, not letting him leave," Wayland answered her question.

"I don't think there is anything that we can go," August said. "I'm sorry Kenny."

She starts to sob, her eyes turn to me pleading to save him.

I take off my shoes and start walking into the water, someone grabs my arm and pulls me away from it," What do you think you're doing, I didn't you had a death wish."

I pull my arm away from him, I walk out the water and make my way to the top of a cliff, their eyes following me to see what I would do. I look down at the water, I look over to Kennedy before I give her a soft smile. I leap off the edge, there wasn't much time before I was paddling my foot to stay above water. I turn to see Liam not too far from me. I swim to him, he was only six years old, he was trying to be brave but the tears running down his face tells me he was scarred just like his sister.

"Liam, I need you to listen to me," I start softly. He nods his head at me.

"I'm going to take your hand no matter what don't let go, Ok?"

"Ok." his voice shaky.

I take his small hand into mines, the water dragons swam closer.

What makes these creatures dangerous is that they surround you, slowly making the circle smaller once small enough they drag you down and suck all air from your lungs once done, they suck the life out someone. That is if you let them smell your fear and if your soul is no more.

Well, that's what old people say, the truth is they are harmless creatures that love to have fun unless provoked. What Liam didn't know what that he did just that by trying to swim away from them. When they are made they do the lungs and suck the life out thing. I take my hand and put it out from them to touch me, to see that I just want to leave. The circle got a little bigger.

I put Liam and my joins hand up to tell them I will be taking him. The circle is a little bigger. I look down and see one of their tails are black, which means that he will not let us through unless he gets bored. I close my eyes to think of the water under me. I think of a form, I make the form start to play with them.

They go after the form because most water dragon's favorite game is tag.

I swim closer to the coast once close I make sure Liam is in from of me.

"Go ahead," I tell him once we are close.

I stay in the water, I swim away from them the dragon's surround me and they start to rub their head's against my shoulder and head. Thanking me for playing with them, I rub their heads in thank you. They soon swim away from me. They dive underwater, probably back to their gate.

I look up and whistle to the trees telling whoever listens that a gate was opened and must be closed.

Their eyes are on me. I turn and make my way to the other side. I start walking back to the room I was staying in.

Once inside I shower quick and change my clothes. I dry my hair and put it in a Dutch braid. I sit on my bed ready for him to come in and question me. He never came, when it was time for dinner and no one brought it I put on my shoes and go to find the kitchen so I can get something to eat.

All eyes turn to me before they went back to what they were doing.