2

(Unedited)

Winter-Rose POV

A guard. The arrow went straight through his arm, making him scream like a little girl. These arrows were coated in a special silver so it was expected. If the other guard didn't move I would've gotten him as well, maybe next time.

My eyes land on my brother who was looking around trying to find where the arrows were coming from. I aim one at his heart not caring if it hurts him or not. He didn't care about me when he left why should I now.

The arrow won't even do much damage if it does break skin. I let it go, I watch it head straight for him before the King stops it just when it touches August.

Oh darn, so close yet so far.

Taking two smoke bombs in each hand I throw it at her.

It makes it seems like whoever's attacking focus is on her so everyone would try to protect her.

As soon as the arrows hit the ground I shot two arrows into her shoulder. She screams falling to the ground holding her shoulder. Dramatic much.

Wayland is at her side making sure nothing else gets close to her. Everyone's looking around the best they can with the smoke trying to figure out where the attacker is.

Jumping from the tree I casually walk around knowing they won't sense me coming due to my masked sent.

"What are you doing it's dangerous," someone puts their hand on my shoulder making me turn to face them 

I'm looking into the eyes of my oh so lovely brother. He takes a step back when he notices that it's me.

"Wi-winter," he stutters the color draining from his face. I wonder if I will have his effect on everyone who finds out I'm here.

I looked at him. Then just as I was about to kick him where the sun doesn't shine we hear a roar.

An alpha's roar to be exact, it tells everyone that big wolfy is mad. He should be scared not mad my wolf is ready for blood. Throne wants to claw off his fiancee's eyes and cut off her fingers one by one. Right after we pluck off her fingernails with a tweezer. That was just for touching him. For looking at him, acid then pour salt all over it.

"Hello, brother it's been a while," I greet him.

Drake: where are you?

"It's been nice but I have to go, tell the king I'll be seeing him soon," I swiftly push down on his pressure points making him drop to my feet.

I make my way to the woods going in the direction of the mansion we're staying at. It's a five hour run in wolf form and fifteen in human. We brought a car with use and left it a couple of miles away so they didn't see us coming. I ran for about two hours before I saw the mansion come into view.

I went to find the Queen to tell her of some of the information I found today about the enemy.

The most important is that my mate is their King, how ironic does life get when it comes to me

"Your here. I sent them to get tested in the clinic, I explained that you were busy and will see them tomorrow," Drake informs me as soon as I through the door.

I nod making my way upstairs to the office to find my mom.

Her door is closed meaning no one was allowed in. I open it stepping in not caring about the rules. She was sitting at her desk with a glass of whiskey in her one hand and a pen in the other.

She smiles at me, it looked so warm and inviting if I didn't truly know her I would say it's genuine but it's not. She's mastered the look of love and warmth in her eyes.

"Where have you been my Rose," she asked looking at my attire.

"Out," I take a seat on one of the three chairs in front of her desk.

She raises her perfectly arched brow at her me before giving me a bored look. My face is blank of any emotion, she huffs knowing I will win if we played this game.

"My friends and I were spying on King Wayland and his army. I saw August and we got some people away from their prison," I state. She takes a sip out her glass knowing there's more. I wouldn't purposely be alone with her if it's not important.

"King Wayland is my mate," she stops drinking and starts coughing.

Her eyes were wide, shock evident on her face. She places the glass down before taking a napkin to clean up the mess. She was usually good at hiding her surprise but I don't think she was expecting this.

Once August dyed by father's hair mint blue and she didn't say anything just said he looked quite nice before fixing his tie.

That day we had to take a family portrait. As soon as the painter saw dad she laughed so hard she started to cry.

My uncle, my dad's beta, came in and had the same reaction. He took out his phone and took a couple of photos made sure to send it to my grandparents before he told him.

"Mate?"

"Yes," didn't I just say that.

"King?" She stood up, just to sit back down.

She started fanning herself like that will help the news settle faster.

"My mate is their King who is also engaged to Taylor Molanuth," with that said I leave her to her thoughts.

ⒶⓃ

9/20