4

(Unedited)

Winter-Rose POV

Charles Dunavan, he was the one that gives them the Cloroatelè. He was in charge of the jail cells, he said that he won't torture them if they drank it.

They didn't even know what it was they were drinking they just didn't want to be tortured.

He only gives it to a select few and before he could give it to the others, we freed them.

Later in the day

"Winter we have a problem," Diana said as soon as she barged into my room.

I put down the throwing star giving her my full attention. She sits down in front of me making me tilt my head to the side. For someone who has a problem, she is sure to make herself comfortable.

"They have Bean and Drake, they were trying to find some way into the castle and got caught. Our source on the inside said that they are being locked up, tomorrow they will be interrogated and killed. Tonight they are holding a ball in honor of the King's return," she explains the problem as she calls it.

"Alright, we'll just go and get them," I shrug.

"That simple?"

"That simple," I smile," now go I have to get ready for a ball,"

"We have ten men armed and ready," she continued.

"Alright, it's going to be quick be ready to go in an hour,"

Third Person POV

----------------------------

As soon as Winter stepped into the ballroom the entire atmosphere of the room changed

As soon as Winter stepped into the ballroom the entire atmosphere of the room changed. All the chatter came to a stop, everyone was awestruck by her beauty.

All eyes in the room followed her every move. No one knew who she was, they just knew she was special they could sense it.

She walked up to the King's table and sat where the future Queen is supposed to sit, to the left of the king. Wayland looked at her in rage.

"Who was this woman to take the seat of my fiance, the future Queen? he thought

Everyone gasped in shock. No one was ever as bold to do such a thing. Everyone would rather be tortured for a year than anger the King.

"That seat is for the future Queen, not a woman like you," Wayland said looking at her from head to toe, slowly. The rage was evident in his voice.

"Sorry let me introduce myself to you and all these lovely people," standing up Winter looked everyone in the eyes, head held high and said," My name is Winter-Rose, princess of the rogues, heir to my people's thrown."

The room was so quiet you can hear a pin drop, even with her heightened sense it was hard to even hear someone's heartbeat.

Everyone had head about Winter and how dangerous she is. They know that she's one the most powerful women alive and she's strong if not stronger than Wayland, their king.

"I'm here to get my friends back," she said looking Wayland straight in the eyes. He was impressed, it has been so long since anyone had the balls to do that.

"No," he said raising an eyebrow.

Smiling, Winter came down and whispered in his ear," I have ten of my men surrounding this room, each of them has 20 hounds with them, but the best part is I'm not going to need them," grazing her lips to his ear.

Even with a quick touch, he felt it, the sparks and he knew that this woman right next to him was his mate.

"You don't want me to announce right here, right now that me, Winter, is your mate and break the heart of your poor fiancee. I will stand up walk out that door and expect my friends to be in my car as soon as I step inside. We will drive away and you will let us," standing straight she did exactly as she said she was going to do and turned around.

Thinking of Taylor he knew he had no other options. August didn't come tonight he wanted to make sure that no one tried to break the beta and delta out of there, so he stayed by their side.

Wayland mind-linked Charles and told him to tell the two go. As soon as Winter left the room everyone started to talk about why she was here.

Some looked at Wayland but found nothing different. Wayland stood up and walked out of the room.

"I thought you said you were leaving when you turned around the princess," Wayland said looking at Winter.

"Charles, keep an eye on him," with that said she walked out and got into the car.

ⒶⓃ

9/20