Chapter 7: Improving Chemistry

A/n: Just a series of things (Y/n) does with the Rainbow operators during standby.

(****)means scene change

(Chibi Third Person POV):

Sledge:"Why isn't this working?"

Sledge yelled as he smashed another wooden board in half. The British operator growled in frustration before grabbing another plank of wood. He set it in place and placed a nail over the marked spot. Sledge smashed the nail in with his sledge hammer, but broke he plank of wood again.

Sledge:"You mother fookin piece of-"

He was cut off when (Y/n) tapped in his set of nails. (Y/n) then handed Sledge his smaller hammer.

Sledge:"Thanks mate."

****

Smoke and (Y/n) were sitting across from each other at a table. On the table sat Smoke's gas canister. Smoke then leaned forward.

Smoke:"Okay greenie, what's in the canister?"

(Y/n) remained silent. Then he pulled out a piece of paper and wrote several things down. After he finished, (Y/n) handed Smoke the piece of paper. Smoke read its contents and his eyes widened in surprise beneath his mask.

Smoke:"I guess I don't have to kill ya."

****

(Y/n):"..."

Mute:"..."

The two operators stared silently at each other.

(Y/n):"..."

Mute:"..."

Then they approached each other and stood face to face.

(Y/n):"..."

Mute:"..."

Six then rounded the corner and looked at the two. The operators continued to stare at each other without saying a word. Six approached the two.

Six:"Is there a problem?"

Mute and (Y/n) glanced at Six before looking back at each other. Then the silent operators turned and walked away.

Small timeskip...

Every member of Team Rainbow were dining together in the cafeteria. Suddenly, Six walked into the room with a box. She approached Mute and (Y/n) who were sitting together.

Six:"There's a package for the two of you."

Everyone looked in curiosity. Mute pulled out a knife and opened the box. It revealed an Oscar award, a Grammy award, and a Billboard Award. Everyone's mouth dropped in shock.

Ela:"These awards go to Mark Chandar and (Y/n) (L/n) for the best musical, romantic, drama, action, motion picture of all time. The Ballad of the Siege."

The operators stared at Mute and (Y/n).

Mute/(Y/n):"..."

****

Thatcher was currently holding two teabags in front of (Y/n).

Thatcher:"Green tea or Jasmine tea?"

(Y/n) tapped his chin in thought. Then he reached into his pocket and pulled out another bag of tea. Thatcher nodded his head in approval.

Thatcher:"English black tea. You have good taste my friend."

They brewed the tea and sipped it. Both of them nodded in bliss.