Chapter 17: Fourth of July

A/n: Happy fourth of July to you all! Happy Independence Day to America. I hope you all are having a good time even if you aren't celebrating this American holiday. Hope you enjoy this fun chapter.

PS: Thank you all for 90K views! I can't thank you all enough for this milestone! Next stop, 100K!

(Y/n) POV:

Ash:"So (Y/n), what are you going to do this fourth of July?" My girlfriend asked from across the cafeteria table. I took another bite of my eggs and stared blankly in thought.

"I'm not quite sure. Since I literally served for multiple countries, celebrating their independence days have not really been a thing for me." I replied honestly. Ash gave me a surprised look before standing up abruptly.

Ash:"That's no good then!" She exclaimed loudly.

"What's no good?" I questioned. Ash then leaned down close to my face. Her eyes stared at mine intensely.

Ash:"We are going to start a tradition together! We are going to celebrate America's independence day!" She announced with great vigor. Before I could respond, I heard five people sneeze all at once.

Tachanka/Glaz/Kapkan/Fuze/Finka:"ACHOOO!!!!" The five Russian operators sneezed at the same time. Ash and I looked at the operators, as they sniffled.

Glaz:"Comrades, did you all just get a weird feeling sent through your bodies?" The sniper asked with a shudder. Kapkan nodded in agreement.

Kapkan:"Yes, comrade. It felt like treason." He agreed, and the rest of the Russians nodded in agreement. They then turned to look at Ash and I. Suddenly, Finka's eyes widened and she pulled out her phone. The lady checked something and stood up.

Finka:"Comrades! We must hurry and make are doomsday preparations!" She barked. The Russians grew concerned.

Fuze:"Don't tell me it's that day..." He stated with worry. Finka nodded grimly. Suddenly, all of the Russians stood up from their seats.

Tachanka:"Today is our darkest hours, away my comrades!!!!" He ordered.

Spetznaz:"Yes, my lord!" They shouted in unison.

Finka then pressed something on her phone. The USSR national anthem began to play loudly. The Spetznaz operators than ran off somewhere with their music blaring. I turned to look at Ash who had a bewildered expression.

Ash:"What the hell just happened?" She asked in disbelief.

Thatcher:"Our enemy made the first strike, that's what." The explosives expert appeared out of nowhere. I turned to see that he was accompanied by Pulse, Castle, Blackbeard, Valkyrie, and Phantom. The American operators.

Pulse:"Blasphemy!" The male stated in disgust.

Castle:"I'll play my liberating mixtape." He said and pressed play on his walkman.

Blackbeard:"They need the cleansing taste of freedom!" He shouted while munching on some bacon.

Valkyrie:"We'll free them with our screaming bald eagles!" She yelled while waving around two Desert Eagles.

Phantom:"I was forced to be here...." The operator mumbled sleepily. We all looked at each other awkwardly before the FBI and American operators huddled up. They began whispering among each other while Phantom and I stood outside their circle.

Phantom:"What do you think they're talking about?" He wondered. I shrugged.

"My guess: Freedom." I replied. Phantom laughed a little and nodded in agreement. Eventually, the Americans broke their circle and turned to Phantom and I.