Chapter 27: Fate

A/n: Wow. Time for the closing of the story. This is the the last chapter before the finale. Thank you for reading, and I hope you all enjoy.

(Alistair POV):

My footsteps were muffled by the bustling activity going on around me. My men were in the middle of preparations for the world's greatest revolution. I continued walking past my subordinates scrambling to perform their various tasks before arriving my office.

I entered the room and closed the door behind me. Immediately, everything went silent. I walked over and sat down at my desk. The only object on the wooden furniture was my laptop. It held the key to my plan to everything. I opened it, and multiple locations on a digital map were marked red.

Moscow. Berlin. Washington D.C. London. Beijing. Tokyo. Seoul. Capitals from across the globe were highlighted. They were ready to meet the future I have planned for all these years.

Kyle:"Boss." I looked up to see Kyle in full combat gear. Every part of his body was dressed with the latest military technology you could find, except for his face. His facial expression was a stoic one, but I could see the excitement for combat in his eyes.

"Are they ready?" I questioned sternly. Kyle nodded in response.

Kyle:"All of our men are on standby." He replied. I nodded and stood up. I walked over to the window in my office that overlooked the base. Crates of weapons, supplies, and W.M.D.'s were ready to be loaded into the planes for follow up operations.

"Good. We'll move in after the first wave of attacks." I ordered. Kyle nodded before exiting my room. I then looked back at the screen. The rd numbers for countdown have begun, and I have already activated the codes. No governmental override will stop this from happening. Nothing can stop me. Except...

(Third Person POV):

Clang!

The metal doors slammed shut. Creating echoes across the empty dark , concrete hallways. Once the redhead finished locking the prison door, she stepped away to reveal a blonde inmate sitting in the corner. The woman had her face tucked in into her knees, as she hugged herself. Her hair was disheveled, and worn, damp sleeves indicated signs of sorrow. The redhead stared at her with a blank expression.

IQ:"What are you going to do now?" She questioned with a bitter tone. The redhead flinched at the sudden question before hesitantly walking over to a nearby wall.

Ash:"M-My orders were to watch over you." She stuttered in a shaky tone. A bead of nervous sweat dripped from her head. IQ looked up at Ash with an skeptical look before turning away.

IQ:"I don't know what that man did to you, but..." She trailed off, as she took a moment to compose herself.

IQ:"To betray the man you love-we love. I-I-I..." She tried to speak, but each time she grew angrier and angrier until she broke into tears. Ash stared at IQ in shock before looking at her hands. They pulled the trigger on the man she loved.

IQ:"He's alive right? Please tell me he's alive...." She begged to a higher being with a desperate tone. Ash continued to tremble with remorse, pain, and fear. Flashes of what Alistair did to her invaded her mind. She screamed in agony and fell to her knees.

Ash:"Please no more! No more!" She cried out. IQ stopped crying and looked at Ash with a startled look. Ash then sprinted off and collapsed at a corner and began hyperventilating. Her eyes darted around for a means to stop her painful memories. Suddenly, a thought passed through her mind. She reached for the handgun she used to end (Y/n)'s life.

Ash:'Maybe...maybe I can be with him? He'll take away my pain? Right?' She thought madly, as a terrified sweat rolled down the side of her face. Before she could go any further with her crazed motives, the entire base began ringing loudly. The alarm has been set off.