Chapter 15: Pulse

A/n: What's in the canister? I won't kill ya, nor is it FOOKIN LAZER SOIGTS. You'll find out this chapter.

Btw: Thank you for over 58K views! I couldn't have made it here without all of you readers. Love you all.

I'm trying another writing style. Let me know what you all think.

And I'm so sorry for the long wait! School life is a pain. Hope you all can understand. Without further ado, here is another chapter.

(IQ POV):

"Come on! Another round, let's go!" I encouraged the recruits to run another five kilometers. One of them fell onto the ground face-first, and I sighed.

"I-I'm sorry, mam!" The recruit stuttered, as he fumbled to get up. I walked over and reached out for the recruit. My hand grabbed his arm and hoisted the fallen comrade. He dusted himself off before giving me a embarrassed look.

"It's fine. Just finish up and be careful." I reminded the uncoordinated soldier. He nodded thankfully before joining his fellow squad mates. I watched them run before turning to my partner in training. He was wearing his training clothes. Simple sweat shirt and pants. They were a tight fit on his body, and I could tell some of the females here were more focused on the teacher. Not the lesson.

(Y/n) paced along a line of snipers-in-training that lined the dirt floor. Each were aiming down their sights at the target far down range. My boyfriend finally stopped in the middle of the line before speaking.

"Before you all take the shot" he paused, "repeat the steps you've learned." The snipers all took a deep breath before speaking in unison.

"Step one: Take a deep breath. Step two: Clear my mind. Step 3: Then aim less than 1 degrees over the target." They all chanted at the same time. I rested my hands on my hips to see what was going down. (Y/n) nodded in approval before opening his mouth to speak.

"Step four: Fire." He stated sternly. Each rifle went off one by one down the row. I watched, as each bullet sailed down the firing range. (Y/n) waited patiently and calmly, but the recruits were all anxious to see what would happen. Suddenly, each bullet fired hit its mark.

Cheers erupted from the snipers, and (Y/n) nodded in approval. A smile spread across my face at my boyfriend's superb teaching skills. It had only been one day, and they all could hit a target 250 meters down the range with ease. (Y/n) then ended the training lesson and sent the recruits on their way. I decided to make my way over to him. He was drinking some water when I called out to him him.

"Hey, (Y/n)." I greeted, as he drank. He turned and saw me before holding out another bottle of water. I shook my head and approached the sweaty man. He finished drinking and spoke.

"Hey, Monika. Just finished training?" He asked curiously. I shook my head and glanced at the recruits I made run. They still had some time to go before it was done. I waved over to them.

"Alright everyone, you're all dismissed!" I shouted for them that training was over. They all gained visible faces of relief before bending over and resting on their knees. I rolled my eyes before looking back at (Y/n).

"Now it's finished." I answered his earlier question. He nodded and gathered his belongings.

"What would you like to do now?" He asks, as he puts away his gear. I tapped my chin in thought, as I looked around. There was the running track, but that was boring. Then there's the obstacle course, but it was too easy. Finally my eyes set onto the tree-line. An idea popped up in my head.

"Let's go for a jog outside of base." I replied and looked at (Y/n). He raised an eyebrow in surprise before nodding.

"Sounds good. Let me grab a jacket before we head out." He told me and began heading back into the base. I followed after him to his room, and we picked up our jackets incase the weather gets cold. I would have invited Ash to join, but she was currently down with the cold.