Part 4 - Routine

Apollo Arthur Hamilton

The sound of the the digital clock was the most annoying thing to wake up in the morning, my hand reached for the clock to turned it of. The digital alarm was laying on the nightstand which was next to the bed.

With my eyes closed i took a deep breath to collected a lives until my eyes finally fluttered open. The sky looked so bright, it being covered by the thin black curtain. I rolled my body then stared at the big window in front of my bed for a moment until i finally got up from the bed.

My feet were touching the cold black marble floor, I took the shirt that laying on the chair then wore it. I walked out of my room then walked downstairs, straight to the kitchen.

The smell of a fried meat was filling the penthouse as i walked down the stairs, when I entered the dining room i found a plate of breakfast was ready on the dining room table. there was a simple bacon and an omelette on a white plate complete with a cup of tea next to it.

It was still fresh, it was still hot. I grabbed the plate and the cup of tea then brought it into the living room. The penthouse was full of silent, all i could hear was the tap of my feet on the floor and my own breath.

I put it on the white table in front of the sofa, right next to a newspaper and some letter on the table. I hadn't got a chance to opened it since i got so busy at the office, where i had to work and focused.

I turned the tv on, and as always i changed it into a news channel. A news anchor was reporting the news that were happening around the world while I began to ate my breakfast.

That routine was still running since several years ago, waking up in the morning, eating breakfast while watching a news and staring at the view of the city from the glass wall that covered half of the penthouse. I wondered when were i going to change my routine, I haven't thought about changing it.

My life was 90% at the office, working and working. While the other 10% was about working out, i had to keep myself healthy so i could focus on work. So 100% of my mind and my body actually belonged to the company.

I moved out from my parents house since my dad gave me a position in the company, i bought a penthouse to stayed since a several years ago. I lived alone with a maid and a driver, most of my dad's people which meant the bodyguards were only stay at the basement.

Only the people that me and my dad trusted that could reach the penthouse which were my driver Mr Will, Blake my personal bodyguard and a maid name teresa.

I stared at the view of the city from the glass wall in front of me, I remembered that i had an important meeting that day. My dad was going to be there and he wanted me to be there, i remembered that I haven't done my presentation for the very important client so i had to be at the office earlier. I wanted everything to be perfect just as the plan, i wanted it to be perfect.

I had done eating breakfast, i took a quick shower before putting on my suit for work. I was standing inside of my closet while still feeling confused which tie should i wore. I had so many types of tie and I didn't know why i had these ties.

I sprayed on a perfume before walking out of the closet. I grabbed on my phone to tell Mr Will that I was ready to go. I walked out of my room before walking down the stairs, i saw Teresa was cleaning the mess that i made on the table.

"Morning Mr Hamilton" she said.

"Morning" i said while making my way into the elevator.

I got inside of the elevator then went into the lobby, a black car was ready to take me to the office with Blake standing in front of it. He opened up the door for me to got in, he closed the door behind me then walked into the passenger seat next to Mr will the driver.