Part 30 - I promise myself

Avalana Skylar Valerie

I let out a sign then began to sit on one of the seat in front of the desk, it had been a really rushed day that day. I just wanted to take a rest for a moment before getting back to work, i looked into the clock that hanging on the wall showing it was 9pm at night and the ER were full of people,

I was sitting on the chair when the hospital telephone suddenly rang, one of the nurse took the call. I looked away to see some other nurse were taking care of some hospital equipment until the nurse that took the call informed us there was going to be a car accident patients in a minute.

I got up from my seat to prepare everything while Gina the nurse was telling about how many people were on the way and how was their condition,

"It is a car accident there are 3 people injured, a man around 35 a woman around 32 and a girl around 7" Gina informed me.

Just like what she said the ER door suddenly being opened with a patient laying on the bed.

Two nurses were with me to take one of patients there were also 2 other doctors that ready to take care of the patients,

One of the doctor took the first patient and i was going to take the second person, the hospital bed rushed inside where i could see a woman with her neck brace and a blood running out from her head.

"How's her vital?" I asked the paramedics while walking next to the bed.

"Her vital is normal, she lost so many blood, she got bone fracture on her arm she also got neck sprain" The paramedics said before we started to put her on the ER bed.

"Thank you" i said before started to check on her pulse.

"Gina we should do the blood transfusions as soon as possible" i said to Gina.

The other nurse was checking on her vital while the other was cleaning the blood from her forehead.

"We're going to take an X-ray on her arm" i said.

"We're going to stitch the wound on the head, please take the equipment" i said.

It is going to be a long night,

~

I walked out of the ER after seeing a man gave up his life tonight, i saw the time when one of my doctor friend looked exhausted when the heartbeat stopped. He shook his head while looking at the man who was laying on the bed in front of him, it

Slapped me somehow.

My shift was done it was the time for me to go home, some of the other nurses and doctors were also heading into our changing room.

I took of the lab jacket then put it inside of the locker, i took my bags and put on my shoes. I needed a drink or something to clear up my mind after seeing so many bloods today.

"Great job Lana" one of the doctor said which bringing me back to reality.

"Thanks doc" i said.

"Take a rest everyone i'll see you all tomorrow morning" he said before walking out of the changing room.

"Bye everyone" the other said before leaving the room.