Part 15 - Adult problem

Avalana Skylar Valerie

Mom turned around then left me alone inside of my room, a tears kept falling to my cheek as I couldn't breath. I needed a fresh air and some time alone, i was pretty sure i still remember this place so i walked out from my room then sneaked out of the house to get a fresh air.

The wind was blowing the temperature outside was pretty cold but i also felt so free like a bird that could spread it wings. I ended up sitting on one of the bench in front of the lake while looking up to the dark blue sky that had so many sprinkles of stars.

I remembered that Mom, dad, Gabriel and i used to made a bonfire at night. Mom used to brought a lot of marshmallows for Gabriel and i cause we loved to burnt it.

Talking about mom, what does she meant by my heart wasn't home yet. My heart was right inside of my body and I didn't know it was just me or mom was overacting because she was getting old.

I stared at the sky until i heard a few steps which surprised me but then made my heart warm, i saw Jacob was running into me with a blanket on his arm. This little dude was going to be a sweet guy when he gets older, I wondered what a lucky girl to have him.

"Hey j" i greet him as his light brown hair was falling in front of his forehead.

"What are you doing here Lana?" He asked me.

"How do you know that I'm here?" I asked him as he began to seat next to me.

I wrapped the blanket around both of us so he could stay warm even the wind was blowing and it was pretty cold outside.

"I saw you crying then ran away" he said while sitting next to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

He was only 7 but i felt like i had a best friend that i could trust,

"It's just an adult problem Jai" i said.

He stayed in a silent while still sitting next to me, i hope i could tell him everything but I wasn't going to ruin his childhood by telling him about my personal problem.

"Everyone has their own problem Lana" he said like an adult even if his voice still sounded like a little person.

"Oh do you have a problem?" I asked him then he just nodded.

"Oh what is it?" I asked him while turned my head to face him.

"I'll tell you if you promise me to tell yours" he said with her big blue eyes staring back at mine.

"Okay.., i promise" i said then we did the pinky swear by intertwining our pinkies.

"So, i think I'm going to be a big brother" he said and it made me gasp.

Oh my god he just spoiled the surprised, and it surprised me a lot. Since both of gabriel and Laura hadn't told us anything.

"How do you know?" I asked him.

"I hear they were talking about it mom is so happy so is dad." He said but he looked unhappy.

"So how's your feeling?" I asked him.

"Happy but not so happy" he said.

"Why?" I asked him.

"I'm scared they're going to focus on the baby and leave me" he said and i smile.

Was this how gabriel felt when he found out that our parents were expecting me?, actually the age gap between gabriel and i with his new unborn baby was kinda the same.

"No Jai that isn't going to happen, having a sibling means you have a person or so called a friend who's going to love and support you for the rest of your life just like your Father and I." I said to him.