Chapter 7 - Mock Battle

SoundEffects will be written in brackets like these [Effect] to try and make the story a little bit more alive, hope this system works out well, if it doesn't then I will change it or go back to how I wrote it before!

***********************************************************************

[Pachan]

A vein popped on the big guys head, and the receptionist that was off to the side, actually backed away, but it appeared that she was afraid she might get dragged into the guys anger.

Guess she thinks I am a lot weaker compared to this man. So I looked back at the big man, and stated clearly, "Hey Idiot-san, if I cripple you that means you can no longer be an adventurer right? Then I suppose that's only fitting given your ugly personality."

It was an amazing sight, it was almost as if you could actually see his blood physically boiling from his anger. Maybe with his anger this high, our fight might become interesting.

I should also point out that this man must have some considerable strength, since I am a beastmen, I inherently have more strength than humans. If you were to compare an average fox-kin citizen to human adventurer's in terms of strength, then the fox-kin would probably be ranked at around D-Rank for human adventurer's. Although that's for normal Fox-kin, I'm essentially a freak then, given my power.

Walking passed the man that will be my tester, I warned the receptionist, "Miss, you'll need to get a second tester for Sana, since this failure of a man won't be able to participate after fighting me."

She looked at me like I was stupid, then backed away a little bit while shaking when she could hear my tester grinding his teeth. All the while I could hear Sana giggling behind me.

"Sana, you go ahead and have a seat somewhere, I think I might toy with him for a bit--" (Sora)

"HEY ASSHOLE, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE FUCKING WITH!!! I AM VALL BREN!! B-RANK ADVENTURER!! YOU SHOULD SHOW RESPECT WHERE RESPECT IS DO!!!" Shouted the large man, whose name was Vall.

[silence~~~]

The facility had fallen deathly quiet, and for some reason when I didn't reply to him, he took my silence and falsely assumed something that would make him feel better about himself.

"HAHAHAHAHA~ ...GOT NOTHING TO SAY!? I MIGHT GO EASY ON YOU IF YOU GET ON YOUR KNEES AND BEG MY FORGIVENESS ROOKIE!!" (Vall)

I looked back at him with a calm expression and stated loud enough for people to hear, "Why would you assume my silence to match your own ego? I have nothing to apologize for, nor have you shown me anything worthy of respect. From my perspective you are just a weak-willed man, who has nothing better to do but boasting about his rank, and disrespecting the Adventurers' Guild itself with your filthy personality."

In the middle of my statement I begin wrapping some tough threading around my sword's hilt, guard, and sheathe. This way it will be easier to not accidentally kill him. "Let's make a bet Vall...If you can beat me in this fight, then I will not only get on my knees and apologize to you, but I will also become your subordinate....However, if you lose, then both Sana and I will pass the registration test, and you will have to withdraw from the Guild, and quit being an adventurer for the rest of your life..."

His face gained the redness of a ripe tomato, and I think if one were to look close enough, you might even see steam shooting from his ears. When I looked at Sana to see her reaction, she was actually holding onto her new staff, trying not to fall down from holding back her laughter.

Smirking back at Vall, I walked to the center of the arena, and pointed my sword (Noroi) at him.

"Do you accept my challenge? Mister B-Ranked Vall Bren?" (Sora)