Chapter 34 - The Statue & Ikari Grows

(A/N: Ready for the contest to begin? I didn't do it exactly as it is in the game, but I did make sure to describe it as best I could with a few tweaks in it as well, but shouldn't be too difficult I believe. Remember, if first place wants something that's for over 18, then the story suggestion will be given to the second place winner! The first place winner will receive a separate chapter according to what they wanted, if it is over 18, but there will be no progression from it. Good luck and enjoy!!

P.S. I have a good friend who has made a minecraft modpack recently on the twitch launcher. If you play minecraft, then I hope you'll at least give it a looksie, and see if you enjoy it. If you are interested it is called Survival Reloaded, and was uploaded to the twitch launcher under the name ManiacMiner93)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up after a long rest from using my magic to construct the walls, and when I gazed out the nearby window, it was already dusk. I got up from the straw bed that I was lain on, and left Pend's home. When I stepped outside, I saw some of the villagers running towards the gate. When I asked someone nearby, why they were in a rush, I was given an answer in a scared and panicked tone.

"T-there's a stone monster outside the walls, and it's killed some of the hunters! They did their best to return and block off the entranceways you created my Lord, and started gathering the men to fight it off." (Woman)

I see, a stone monster attacked us while I was resting huh? I think it's about time I teach the monsters in the area not to mess with my people anymore. This stone monster will be the perfect first candidate for that. I check to make sure Noroi is still with me, and contact Ikari through the telepathic channel asking her to continue guarding Sana.

With Noroi strapped to my hip, Gluttony loaded with magical energy, and my gauntlets firmly equipped, I followed after the village men and made my way to the gates.

After I finish up this monster, I'll continue working on securing the flowing water source into the village, and finish up the wall fortification and design. I have so much work on my plate right now, and not much I can ask Sana to help with. She didn't do as much research as I did about how to implement modern day techniques in this medieval era. So, I will have to make sure I do as much as I can. Sana used to run a country as a princess, so perhaps I should leave some of the responsibilities of running our new territory to her while I try and finish managing the rest of the construction of it.

When I reached the gate, I saw Pend waiting for the men of the village to arrive. When he saw me, he ran over while waving and calling out to me.

"My Lord, you have arrived at just the right time. I hope your rest was well, however, we need your assistance in defeating the stone monster that is lurking outside the walls." (Pend)

"Pend explain the situation to me from the beginning, I want to know everything before I encounter the monster. what is the monster look like, how does move, have you learned any of its attack patterns, have you learned any of its possible weaknesses?" (Sora)

"Sadly, all we can get is a description my Lord. We can keep an eye on it fine without it attacking us but for some reason, as soon as we look away from it, it starts to move after us. It's quicker than anything I've seen before, and as far as I know, it's entire body is made up of nothing but stone. The shape of the monster looks similar to humans, meaning it's got arms and hands, legs and feet, and a torso and head. It's features are well defined as well, if you didn't look closely, you'd think it was a normal human male covered in dirt. However...it's facial features are where you see it's a monster. Eyes as green as Jade, and a mouth constantly left open, with teeth that look like they could cut through a steel shield in seconds. We were able to escape after figuring out that it couldn't move as long as someone was watching it. We haven't had a chance to examine the bodies of those it killed, to see how it tries to attack. But when we were able to see from a distance, I could tell that their head was twisted completely around