Chapter 36 - Residential District

(A/N: For the slaves I will be providing a bracket to define what race each one is. It'll just be for this chapter, and maybe the next one. This is just to get people used to which name, is for which slave. Example: (Name[Race])

Also, I'm sorry if this chapter doesn't seem as good as usual.)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"What am I looking at here?" (Corhn)

"These are slaves that we just bought to help out around the mansion." (Sora)

"Slaves? I'm sure your fox clan's king would have been happy to provide you with the necessary servants if you asked him." (Corhn)

"Yeah, but I didn't want to risk him having them act as spies to keep an eye on my progress. I want to keep things to myself, so I'd rather have a slave that I could trust to be loyal to me, rather than a servant provided to the king that will spy on me for him." (Sora)

"I suppose that's understandable. Especially with that gun of yours. From what I remember, you provided the blueprint to Gaer for the creation of it, and also came up with the idea to convert magical energy into the ammunition for it. So I'd understand why you'd want to keep it a secret on how you acquired that knowledge...So, why are you here today?" (Corhn)

"I'm here to pick you up for a moment. The city is in development, and figured I should come get you so you can pick a location for your shop." (Sora)

"Oooohhh. Let me get my tools." (Corhn)

"Ah. You don't need to. You'll just have to pick a plot out, then I'll construct the building. After the population has increased, then you can move there." (Sora)

"Are you kidding? I'm going to go there to help promote your city. If people hear that I moved there, then it'll bring you more business. The same for Gaer. He may not do much work, but he is still famous for making amazing weapons, so having the knowledge spread that he lives in your city will be very beneficial." (Corhn)

Huh, I didn't expect him to make the offer. I didn't want to use his name in such a way but since he's offering, then there's no way I could turn it down.

"Alright, I'll wait here while you prepare your things. Although, you don't have to worry about getting it all at once since we can come back later." (Sora)

"Alright, since you can use 'Gate' then can I ask that you make sure the door is locked? So nobody walks in and tries to steal something when I'm not here." (Corhn)

While he went to the other room to gather his tools, I went to the front door and made sure that it was locked, and that the 'OPEN' sign was turned around so that 'CLOSED' was the side that was showing to the public.

When I double checked to make sure that things were secured and that cases that held products, were closed, Corhn came in from the back room carrying a large bag that I could only assume was filled with his tools for inscribing magic formations into his crafted products.

"Are you ready?" (Sora)

"Ready whenever you are Lord." (Corhn)

I felt a little weird hearing him call me "Lord" considering I was pretty much a customer of his, and I probably will still visit his shop in the future. Well, I have to get used to it eventually, because I'm sure there will still be people who feel weird hearing someone be on a first name basis with the lord of the city, who isn't another noble or a king.

I opened a gate that led to the city, and made sure to stick my head in first, to make sure I was at the right place. I know that the spell will take me to the location as long as I keep the image in my head clear, but I just don't want any mistakes to be made.