Chapter 19 - Rikuru Village

(A/N: Changed Soras' Blessing of the Immortal into Blessing of the Fox)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The receptionist informed us of how to get to the village that was listed in the request and made sure to remind us of how dangerous it would be to try and fight the dragon on our own without support.

I told him we wouldn't do anything too dangerous. However, I didn't tell him that we won't fight it. After all...if I left it to the rest of the group that is being sent to the village then it won't be as fun.

Before setting out, we went to an inn to grab some lunch to eat along the way when we got hungry.

____________________________________________________________

With our lunches packed, we went on our way to the gate that leads towards Rikuru Village. I had a bad feeling that the cocky hero will try and go to fight the dragon. I don't care if he dies while fighting it because he is a pain in the ass, but I know that things won't go smoothly if people found out that the 'Summoned Hero' had died while fighting a dragon.

Once we got outside of the gate we walked down the road until we were able to enter the forest. After making sure we weren't being watched we used the wind magic spell Feathers Flock to start flying in the direction of Rikuru village.

It's going to be quite a while before we arrive at the village, so using the time given I open up my menu and send a message to Akio-sama. During the time in this world, and learned there were a few religions in this world. So I sent a message to her asking if there really were gods in this world, and if there are then why she sent me to oversee Auralel instead of dividing the duty amongst the gods.

After the message was sent to Akio-sama, I returned my focus back to flying.

It was amazing, feeling the wind blow through my hair and over my fur. Looking down and watching everything pass by as we flew. I don't wanna be mean, but after experiencing something like this, I don't think I could ever go back to traveling on foot or using a mount or carriage. It just feels so freeing.

____________________________________________________________

A few hours have passed and I can feel myself running low on mana, and since it's hard to talk with someone with the wind blowing passed us, I gave a signal to Sana trying to let her know that I need to land and recover my mana.

When we landed I called out Ikari and then rode her the rest of the way to the village. A trip that would have taken us a few days with the group, only took hours for Sana and I.

During the ride on Ikari's back, I got a reply from Aiko-sama. She answered my question saying that 'The gods for Auralel have no idea that she exists. Then, by giving them each that type of power over this world could lead to many conflicts, and the reason she brought me was also because she thought I seemed interesting.' In short...she felt lazy, and chose to outsource her work to someone else.

Although her reply seemed like it was thought out, I also feel like she just chose to take the lazy route by using me instead of having to explain the situation to the gods, and having them figure it out themselves.

____________________________________________________________

We could finally see the village coming into view. It looked to be pretty big for a village So I wonder if it could actually be considered as a town. I didn't wanna scare them while we were coming up to them, so we dismounted Ikari, and I had her return to my shadow.

With everything situated Sana and I continued walking towards the village until we came up to two villagers that I believe were acting as stand-ins for guards. They were wary of us at first until we showed them our guild cards and explained why we were here. After that they happily opened a path for us and guided us to where the village chief was staying at.

After our meeting with the village chief, who looked well-built for a man in his mid-fifties, we decided to head towards the last sighting of where the dragon was spotted and see if we could find any clues as to where its nest might be.

Now, I had told the village chief that we were just going to scout out the location of the nest so I can give the information to the rest of the adventurer's before we all attack the dragon together. Contrary to what you may believe, I didn't lie to him. We are planning to find out where the nest is located, but Sana and I will be handling the dragon on our own.

I bet it's going to be an awesome fight. Now, I could also use my taming skill on the dragon and see if it works, but the skill isn't a high level so if I tried it'll either fail, or have an extremely difficult task that I have to overcome for it to work. Besides, I have Ikari so I'm fine with just fighting the dragon instead of taming it.

After making sure we had our things in order, we headed out to start our hunt making sure to get it over with as soon as possible so we can keep the dragon parts for ourselves, as well as the reward money for taking it down. We might even get a bonus for doing it on our own.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

((A/N: Sorry this is shorter than usual, but as you saw in the last two updates, there was an incident with one of my dogs getting sick, then being attacked by someone else's dog that got loose.

The next few chapters might be short as well until the dog that attacked us is removed from the apartment complex. Since it's hard to concentrate on something when you're worried every time you go outside, some dog might attack you.

Please look forward to the battle next chapter! It'll be my second attempt at have a nice, drawn out, suspenseful, thrilling battle scene. I don't think I did that good with the Demon General.

Also please don't forget to give me some feedback, in case there is something you don't like about the story, or there is something you might wanna see happen in the future. Feedback and suggestions will be helpful, and don't worry about being rude, since I understand that feedback isn't always going to be positive.))