Chapter 37 - Visitor & Curious Title

We have just finished with the Guild District yesterday, and I am once again tired from exhausting my mana on large buildings. At the moment, the Residential District has been completed with the installation of wood flooring, windows, and a plumbing system. It was a bit tedious to explain how to use the toilet, sink, and shower system. How did I make this all possible? It's thanks to Corhn. He taught me how to inscribe a magical formation that could fuel a fire continuously, but we were able to find a way to convert that to provide a continuous supply of water. After that, instead of a sewage system beneath the city, we had pipes leading towards a magic formation that would handle the incineration of the waste produced by my people.

With the help of Fhiora, after bringing Gaer to the city, we were able to furnish all of the apartment buildings with a sofa, dining room, beds, and all the other amenities that I requested. The only thing we don't have right now is technology. With the help of Corhn, whom I appointed as a researcher, we worked together to create a lighting system for buildings using monster cores inscribed with a light magic formation, and creating a new form of bonding formation with an object that works similar to a light switch. The only difference is that it isn't a switch, it is just a stone that has the bonding formation on it for the light stones in that room.

Currently Corhn is researching a way to make a formation that works similar to a hand scanner. This will allow access into the apartment buildings only to those who live in the building. If they have a new child then they will be required to accompany the child when they leave until a certain age, at which point they will need to go to the guild district to find the home owners association, at which point the process of registering the new handprint will begin.

We've had many visits from adventurers nearby who were guided by Ikari on her way back from hunting. Although, some of the time she would bring the adventurers in her mouth and they would be unconscious. They were confused because they didn't know there was a city in this area, so I had to explain to them that I was given this territory to manage, so I've been making many upgrades, and then I would let them stay the night in our residential district and explain to them how the toilet, sink, and shower work.

They were sad to leave the following day, but promised to spread the word when they return to Serali, and boy did they spread the news, because it wasn't that long after they left before I was given a report of carriages coming from the direction of Serali. Following the carriages were knights, so I had assumed it was some sort of noble. Although I was surprised to find out the people who were coming.

"Good day Count and Countess. I had originally come here to see if you require any aide in advancing your territory. However, I am surprised that you were able to do so much in such little time. May I ask where you acquired such competent manpower from?" (Sebastion [Fox-king])

"Well, I am certainly surprised to see you as well, your highness. As you can see, everything is being developed in a nice and timely manner. If you have the time, then I'd like to show you around the facilities. Although, I should warn you that at the moment, the only citizens within my walls are the villagers that originally lived on this land." (Sora)

I didn't really want to tell him about the fact that I was the only one who constructed all of the buildings, and that my slave, Fhiora, and the villagers, were the ones who helped with furnishing them.

"A tour huh? Very well, I'd very much like to see all the things that you'll be putting in in the future." (Sebastion)

"Well, we have most of the facilities in place, so right now we are just waiting for people to actually start living here." (Sora)

"Only most of the facilities? What are you missing, if you don't mind me asking." (Sebastion)

"Well, you'll learn when we reach the location for it." (Sora)