Chapter 29 - The Rogue?

Walking into the classroom, we followed closely behind the woman named Alienor. The teacher, who was in the middle of teaching her class, seemed like she was about to speak up about something until she spotted Alienor. After that she quieted down, and sat at her desk in silence. This just makes me more curious about who this woman really is. I mean, if she really was just a teacher then there shouldn't really be any reason as to why she has so much pull with the school.

Looking at the teacher as we came to the front of the class, I saw that she was incredibly small. When we walked in, I could have sworn she was a grown woman, but after getting closer I noticed she was only about seven or eight inches tall, and she had small wings on her back that reminded me of a butterfly. The only way for me to even make this type of mistake would be if she had been using some form of illusion magic.

Then again, if she decided to teach in her regular form, then I'm sure that some people wouldn't be able to take her seriously. However, I couldn't take my eyes off her, and not because she was somebody who was attractive, but because this was my first time seeing a fairy.

After a few moments, I moved my eyes to the board in the front. It seems that she is teaching the class about familiars. From what I can understand, a familiar would help boost your magical power depending on which familiar you get. So a familiar that is related to the fire affinity, could end up boosting your fire magic.

I understand the basic premise I guess, but why isn't there any information on familiars in Auralel? Perhaps in Auralel, they use spirits instead of familiars? I'm not quite sure about what the difference could be, but I suppose I could figure it out at a later date, after I've done some research.

"These are some possible transfer students, so we're just here to get their mana level, and affinity, checked on. Since you wanted to borrow the Gauge for your class today, I had no choice but to barge in." (Alienor)

"...Very well, but please make it quick as I am currently in the middle of teaching my class." (Fairy/Teacher)

"Alright, Sora-kun and Sana-chan, please place your palm onto the gauge and poor your mana into it. This will allow us to measure what your mana capacity is, as well as tell us your strongest magic affinities." (Alienor)

Seems simple enough. So that means if I control the amount that I pour in, then I should be able to falsify how large my mana pool is. However, I don't think I'll be able to falsify my strongest affinities. Although, that shouldn't be a problem since it just tells them what types of magic I'm best at.

I stepped forward first, since I wanted to test my theory about controlling how much I poor in. I could feel all eyes on me, but it's probably because I'm just some strange guy that walked into the classroom with the woman who has a lot of pull at this school.

Standing in front of the crystal ball that they called the Gauge, I reached out my hand and rested my palm on top of it. Taking a short breath, I started pouring my mana into the ball, being careful to control the amount that went in. The orb started to shine, but not as bright as when I poured my mana into the sword, so hopefully it will be alright afterwards.

Along with the glow of the orb, it changed colors showing off all the magic that I had, that was at Max level. First it was yellow which symbolized Light Magic, then it was purple which was Space Magic, and finally it was green that stood for Wind Magic.

All three of those types of magic were Max leveled, but it still showed them one at a time, and it wasn't even in order from my skill list. Although, after a couple seconds of thinking it over, I realized that they had shown up in alphabetic order rather than the order from my skill list.

After the orb stopped glowing, I heard a voice from my side.

"Ah, three different types of magic affinities huh? And they seem to be around the same level in terms of power? Furthermore, one of them was Space? That's some pretty rare magic you got there Sora-kun." (Alienor)