Chapter 27 - Things Have Changed

A/N: I have rewritten this one chapter about five different times, and this was probably the one that I felt satisfied with out of them all. I personally don't think it's as good as it could have been, but it was the best one I came up with. I hope you enjoy.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was the following day. I was the first one to wake up, so I took my shower first. I made sure to do my best in washing my tails, since I don't want them getting all gross and dirty. Then, after making sure I was all dried off, I hid my beastmen features, and had my hair come out a little bit so that I can cover the scar over where my left eye used to be.

I taught Sana and Noroi how to use the shower system in the bathroom, and whilst I was waiting for them I got some food out of my storage for us to eat for breakfast. There wasn't much that we could eat at the moment, so we were stuck with orc meat skewers for breakfast, along with my blood for Sana.
____________________________________________________________

Finishing up our morning with some stretches, we left the apartment. I considered all the possible routes to the school, but I only knew of one route that would get us there as soon as possible. We would have to cut through my old neighborhood.

I'm not sure how I'll be able to hold up if I see my family again, so I hope our paths don't intersect with each other...not yet at least. After all, I died in this world. I can't just show up out of nowhere and tell them that I am the reincarnation of their son, and that I just happen to be one year younger than him. That would be the most awkward conversation ever, and I might end up being put away into a padded white room with a straight-jacket on.

I'll just have to do my best to keep my distance from my family...I don't know if it will last forever, because I do want to see them again. However, for right now, I'll just have to act like I don't know a thing about them.

During this whole thought process, I realized we were coming up to my old house. I didn't see the car outside, so that must mean dad has already left for work. That means the only one that should be home right now, would be mom. She was just your standard stay-at-home mother, but she was also very active in the community. She was very charismatic, and was loved by everyone.

My father was a very strict man. He was stubborn, and always stood by his views...even if he was proven to be wrong. He was an old-fashioned kind of man, but he was always kind to everyone just like mom. He wasn't a bad guy, and he treated me and my sister well. There was never a day that went by where I felt that he didn't love us.

Then there was my sister. She had loads of energy, and was very charismatic, just like mom. She was popular in school, and was friends with the girl who liked me, Sakura. When Sakura kept trying to get me to go on a date with her, my sister was supporting her and trying to talk me into it at home. She can be annoying at times, but that's how every little sister acts with their elder brother.

I don't know how long I was staring at my house for, but before I realized it, someone was coming out. I thought it might be mom going out to do some grocery shopping, but it was my sister, Kaede. She was obviously in a hurry as well, with how quickly she was running with the cliche jam and toast in her mouth. I quickly recollected my thoughts and continued the walk to the school. I hope she doesn't start up a conversation with me, because I'm not sure what I would say back to her.

Instead of starting a conversation, she simply bumped into us, apologized, and started running to the school. She must be running late, which was a usual occurrence now that I think about it. However, if she is running late, then that must mean the gates will close soon at the school. In which case, it means we have to hurry as well. However, my train of thought had wavered, because I saw something strapped to my sisters waist that piqued my curiosity. It was a sword, and not just any deceptive sword, but a real one. It was even radiating magical energy.