Chapter 3

[ Ruel - Hard sometimes ]

Gia

Just when I'm having some crisis about all this money and why it's not balanced my phone ring. Hayes's name appears on the screen makes me smile. "Hey, babe." I pick up the call.

"I miss you. Wanna meet up after work?" Uh-oh, I promise Jack to be home straight away after work. "Baby are you there?"

"Oh, yea I'm here. Want to meet up after work?" I ask again.

"Yes, why you didn't want to?" I don't know what to say now. I need to go home so that I can see if my plans work out or not but I can't say no to Hayes.

"Okay then. I'll see you after work at our the restaurant near my office.." I say and yes I kind of regret it. I love him so much, so to save this relationship, I need to make him happy. That's the only way I can stay in a relationship with him. I don't want to break up with my tenth boyfriend. Gosh, it's sound so bad.

"Great. I'll see you there. Bye Gia loves you." He said.

"Love you too." I hang up the call and sigh. I am happy with him but why I feel he sometimes so demanding. I don't know. I shake the thought from my head and continue my work.

~~~~~~

After my work is done,  I walk out of the building and go to my car. I don't know why I feel so heavy to meet Hayes right now. I get into my Porsche and start the engine. Then I drive to the restaurant that I and he always meet up. After five minutes, I parked my car and make my way to the restaurant. Looking around to search for Hayes and then I found him sitting at the table near the window in his blue suit. Hayes works as a lawyer and he's one of the best lawyers in this country if I can say that. It's been a week since I last meet him because he's just too busy and sometimes needs to go for an outstation. I walk to him and take, my seat in front of him.

"Sorry, I'm a bit late," I say.

"Next time don't be late. I might be nice if you late once or twice but this is like the sixth times you're late. What is wrong with you?" What is wrong with him? He never talks to me like this and this is the first time he seems mad when I am late.

"Hayes, It's not that I late for one hour or what. I just late for 2 minutes and why you need to make it like its a big issue?"

"Yeah now late for two minutes but what about later? You're going to be late for two hours."

"Okay okay, I am sorry alright. Let's just order now. I'm starving." I said and he seems to let go of it too. This is annoying seriously annoying. How can he make an issue about me being late for two minutes? It doesn't make any sense at all. I think this is not a good sign. Oh god please save this relationship.

We order our food and then the food being served a few minutes later. We eat in silence until Hayes breaks it and saying something that makes me want to choke. "That woman who is wearing the red dress is hot. Don't you think so?" I look at the woman he's said and see what is she wearing. She barely wears any clothes and now my boyfriend says that she's hot in front of me. Are you even kidding me right now?

"Hmm yeah," I respond and continue to eat.

"What's wrong with you?" He asks me like he didn't do anything wrong.