Chapter 28

Gia

"Good morning to you too, sis," Brandon said when he saw me walking to the dining room. I look at him and hum in response. I don't have any mood today because of last night. When I look at my face this morning, I am surprised to see my eyes are red and swollen and my nose is red. I try so hard to cover it up with makeup and I think I did a good job. "You look tired, where did you go yesterday?" Brandon asks me.

"I went for a walk to clear my mind," I said and take a sip of the coffee.

"Are you okay?" Grayson asks and I nod my head in response. "We're here for you, remember that," He smiles at me and I take my leave after taking another sip of my coffee.

*****

I just finished my meeting and now it's lunchtime. I'm having lunch with Laura today. I miss her very much and finally, she's back in New York after a few weeks of staying with her boyfriend in Amsterdam. She called me an hour before and I am so happy that now I have my best friend with me. I supposed to have a meeting with my dad and Lucas is going to be there, so, I ask Niall to attend that meeting on my behalf and I know he understands why. I am now walking to my car and I'm going to meet Laura at the restaurant near the office.

"Wow Ms. Florence, looking so gorgeous now," I heard someone said when I open the door of my car. I search who it is and it turns out to be Laura. Smiles appear on my face after I see her in front of me. I walk towards her and hug her because I miss her so much. "I miss you, Gia." She said and we break the hug.

"I miss you too, girl. I thought you won't come back to New York again." I said and we both walk inside the restaurant. We take a seat at the empty table near the window and the waiter comes to serve us.

"I'll have a salad with chicken, cheese, carrots, hummus, crackers, and Lemon juice." Laura order and the waiter turns to me.

"Give me Pan Seared Salmon and Green Tea," I said and give the menu back to the waiter.

"So, tell me what is going on with your eyes? You know you can't hide anything from me right?" She said and I thought my makeup is thick enough to hide the swollen but I guess not. "Gia, is there anything happened?" I let out a sigh and she looks at me with concern.

"It's just me being a loser again, nothing surprising," I said to her.

"hold on, what you mean?" She stops then gasps after she finally, get what I meant. "Oh my god, Gia really?" I shrug my shoulder and look at her. "I should be here for you,"

"It's fine, it just happened a few days ago. Let's just not talk about this. I don't want to remember anything." I said and she nods her head understands. Not long after that, our food arrives and we eat and talk about her life in Amsterdam and all. That's quite sad when she said she only here for a week then she's going to Los Angeles to visit her grandparents. I want her to stay here for quite some time but I can't cancel her plans just for myself.

My day went so fast today and now, I am with Jack at the hospital visiting our mom. I miss her and this is almost two weeks she laying like this and I don't know when she will wake up. "Jack, when do you think mom will wake up?" I ask him while looking my mom.

"She will wake up soon, don't worry. She is a strong woman and she will not leave all of us." He said. "You need to take care of dad too, he seems so stress lately and he skips his meal a few times so far as I concern. I already talk to him but he doesn't want to hear it." Dad is not cheerful like he used to be. Yes, I admit that he can be super strict but he is the best dad I could ever want. I love him and I don't want him to get sick.

"Don't worry, I will make sure he won't skip his meal ever again," I said and put my head on his shoulder. I hope my family will be just like before. I am okay if Niall, Brandon, and Grayson want to pull a prank on me every day. I'm okay if that's could bring our family happy as before. I miss hearing my mom's nagging and I miss to bake cookies with her. She is the best mom in the world and I don't know if she's not here in his world anymore.

*****

Lucas

"Let's have dinner together today?" Elizabeth asks me. I never know who gives her permission to be in my office like this in-office hours.

"I'm busy, go with someone else," I said not taking my eyes off my laptop. I've been working my ass off to occupy myself and I think that is working. I also ask my private investigator to investigate anything suspicious around me or Gia. I want all this to end soon.

"You need to eat. You can't skip dinner or else you will feel sick. I don't want you to be sick, Lucas." She said.

"Eli, I am busy can't you see? and you, who gives you permission to be in my office during office hours?"

"Well, you seem stress earlier. So, I come here to make you less stressed. By the way, I will be waiting for you at the lobby and then, we will go out for dinner." She said and left my office. I let out a sigh and resume my work.

*****

That night

"The food is so delicious, isn't it. We should come here often. Right, Lucas?" I walk out of the restaurant and ignore what she said. "I think we should be eating dinner more together. So that I won't be worried about thinking if you have your meal or not. I just want you-"

"Gia..." I said stopping what Eli's going to say. I look in front of me and see my woman. The woman the been on my mind every single time. I miss her and here she is standing in front of me and looking find. I am glad she is not crying anymore. I don't want to make her cry. I want to go and hug her but I know she won't like it and she might hate me more than she ever is now.

"Baby, what are you doing? Let's go," Eli suddenly said and wrap her hand around my arms. I look at her and told to let my arm go but she doesn't budge. "Let's go home," She pull my hand but my eyes can't take off from Gia who is looking hurt from what she saw now.

"Eli, let go of my hand," I said and this time she let go. I walk towards Gia to talk to her but then Eli's shout. I turn around and see she is sitting on the floor while holding her ankle. I look at her and then look at Gia who is still standing there waiting for someone, I guess.

"Lucas, help me, it's hurt so much." She said and she is taking to much attention from people nearby. I have no choice but to go to Eli's direction and help her up. I turn my head to see Gia but she already walks away with one woman who I assume to be her best friend that she used to tell me. "Ouch, it's hurt."

"Next time, please be careful and just wearing the sandal if you keep sprain your ankle like this," I said and help her get into the car. I get on my side and start the car.

"I know you still care about me. Thank you, I will take care of myself from now on." She said and try to hold my hand but I move my hand away. I should get rid of this woman very soon.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Elizabeth is such a drama queen.

Don't forget to

Click the star and leave a comment.

*****

Much love from me

Little Munchkins

Fated To Love YouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara