Chapter 18

Gia

ONE MONTH LATER

I am in German to settle some work with Niall and the twins, Brandon and Grayson. I don't know what I did wrong until I have to go to German with these three. They keep pranking me even on the plane and I'm so sick of it. I just hope this work will finish soon so that I can go home and stay away from them. They can't meet like this because they always have an evil plan for me and that's frustrating. Every time they sit together, I know that they planning to prank me or do something unbelievable to me. I wish dad is here too so that they will act like professional men. "Breakfast?" Niall call me and asks. 

"I'm just going to call the room service. I feel lazy today," I said.

"We can go and eat with you then, what about it?"

"Ha! no way, I'm good on my own and since today we don't have any meeting, I want to enjoy my day in German without any disturbance."

"You said you were lazy today and now you said you want to enjoy your day?"

"Lazy to have breakfast with you and excited to have time for myself. That's what I meant. Okay then, I will hang up now. Byeeeeeee." I end the call and smile. Today, I will stroll around the city and enjoy my day without them. We have meetings for three days straight and today we're free. So, why not.

*****

I wear blue jeans and I tucked in my white shirt then match it with my blue denim jacket. It's a denim day for me. For my hair, I make it a bit wavy and let it fall freely then I take my brown sandal and I'm all set to go. 

This is not the first time I come to German. So, I'm quite familiar with the streets. I walk and then, I stop by at the small stall that sells cute accessories such as bracelets, necklaces, and more. I stop and take a look at it. I end up buying two bracelets which are a couple bracelets. I thought of Lucas and decided to buy it as a present for him. Just then, my phone ring. "Hello," I answer.

"Gia, where are you?" It's Brandon who is calling me.

"I'm outside. Why? What's wrong?" I ask.

"We have an emergency meeting the client today at noon."

"You're lying, right? Come on, please stop with all the prank or whatever. I want to have sometimes for me, a least for today."

"I swear to god, I m not lying. Seriously, and even dad is here." Dad? how come is he here? "You better come back to the hotel and change because I think this is a serious matter. Dad looks pissed."

"Hold on, why is dad here?" 

"I don't know. Okay, meet you later." With that, he ends the call and left me blank for a second. After I'm back from my thought, I quickly turn back to the hotel. He looked pissed... Brandon's voice keeps playing in my mind and it's bothering me for some reason.

I walk quickly and I bump into someone. "Oh, shit. I'm sorry." Then I realize that they might not understand English. I pick the bracelets that fall on the ground and look at the person. I was super surprised when it is someone I actually know. "Lucas?" I said and he looks at me but his expressions seem like he didn't shock like I am. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I'm here for work, of course." 

"Oh, I'm in a hurry by the way but can we meet tonight? I have something to give it to you." I said.

"Why not now?"

"I have something to take care of. So, I will call you or forward the location." I said and leave him behind.