Chapter 25

Gia

one week later

It's been a week since my mom in the hospital. The place that I go every day is office and hospital. I miss her, I miss her food, I miss her hug, I miss everything about her. For Brandon and Grayson, I am grateful that they already be like before. The inseparable twins. We all are in good terms now and we're waiting for mom to wake up and everything will be like we used to be.

Oh, about me and Lucas, we also already back in good terms. He apologizes to me the day after that and telling me everything that happened that day. He even tells me the reason why he lets Elizabeth working at his company and all. So, now my mind is finally in ease. I am glad he's been with me for the whole time when I'm sad thinking about my mom. He really sweet and caring about me. I can say I found the perfect guy for myself.

I am now driving to the hospital to see my mom, I bought her favorite flower, which is Lily. Every time I walk to her ward, I always hope that she already opens her eyes and smiles at me. I can't wait for that to happen. I take a seat at the chair next to her and see her face. "Hey mom, I'm here. I brought you, your favorite flower, Lily. I will put it next to you." I said and put it on the table next to her.

"Lots of things happen while you're here but everything is settled now. I am glad that it's not a big problem. I miss you so much, I want you to wake up and we can have a real conversation. I miss your smile, mom." I said and I don't realize that I was crying until I feel tears falling down my cheeks. I wipe it off. I don't want to let her hear that I am crying.

*****

I am now eating dinner with Lucas, but I don't feel like eating. I suddenly miss my mom and I feel uneasy out of a sudden. I don't why but my heart feel like something going to happen. "Are you okay? You're not touching your food." Lucas asks.

"I don't have appetite, my heart feels uneasy," I said and he reaches my hands and holds it.

"Hey, don't stress yourself too much. I know it's not easy for you to face all this but you need to be strong. For your dad, your brothers, and even for yourself, I need the Gia who is strong and talkative. Be strong and let's pray that your mom is going to be fine." He said and smile at me. I know he tried his best to make me feel better but I just don't know. Day by dad I keep to be strong for my mom and my family but all I did is crying my heart out. The tears keep falling and falling every time I see my mom. I always think what if she can't make it and all of that stuff. "Gia, please eat. If you're sick, I will be so worried and if you are sick you can't meet your mom." He said and he's right, if I'm sick I can't meet my mom and that's will hurt me more than I ever be.

"I will be staying with mom tonight since tomorrow is weekend," I said to him and he nods his head.

"Do you want me to accompany you?"

"It's fine, you can go home after this, I don't want you to be tired," I said and give him smile.

"I don't want you to be tired too," He said. "Now, let's eat and I will send you back to the hospital." I nod my head.

"Thank you for everything, Lucas. I am grateful that you are my boyfriend."

"Don't mention it, you have me now. I will always be with you." He said. I continue to eat. I don't know how to thank him and I just hope our relationship will last long.

Now, we've arrived at the hospital. He keeps asking me if I want him to accompany me but I don't want to be a burden to him. "I will go now, bye," I said and walk away then he grabs my wrist makes me face him. "What?" My voice came out as a whisper becomes of our proximity. I don't know why I always feel nervous when we are this close. It's not like this is our first time being this close. I mean we kissed lots but I'm still nervous when he closes me like this.