Chapter 31

Gia

One year later

It's been one year since my mom's death. I miss her so much and it's always been. My relationship with Lucas also getting better now since that night that I called him. He really keeps his words by not leaving me alone. He always is there for me whenever I need him and I am really thankful for that. I am quite shocked to know that I and him still talking and it's been more than a year. I have never been with a guy this long and I am happy to know that this relationship is going this far.

Relationship?

Well, It's a friendly relationship for us to be honest. We never talked about our relationship but sometimes we act like we are together. Since I don't want to ruin the bond between him and Elizabeth, I decided to stay quiet and stay like this. I also didn't ask her about what is actually going on with him and her but I know they're together now. The way they always going out for dinner or lunch together makes it all clear and Elizabeth even told me herself that Lucas is now hers. At first, I don't believe it because she always said that even when Lucas was my boyfriend but looking at how close they were, makes me believe it. It's sad and heartbreaking to see the man you love with someone else.

Yes, I love him 

I love him and I don't know if I should tell him or not. 

But, even if I tell him, there's no point. He didn't love me back. 

Elizabeth's word still ringing in my mind. The way she talks like she owns everything makes me want to punch her face so hard.

-Flashbacks-

I was walking to Lucas's office with my dad. We're having a meeting as usual and then Elizabeth called me. "Gia!" I look at her at the receptionist counter. 

"Dad, I will be there after I meet her," I said to my dad and he nods his head then walks to her. "I have a meeting that will start in a few minutes, I recommend you to hurry," I said.

"I know, so, can we have lunch together? I have something to discuss with you," She said and that's weird because she never offer to have lunch with me and we're not even close. I still hate her though even though it's not that much like before. "So?"

"Sure, send me the location and I'll be there, here's my number," I said giving her my business card and walk away. I don't know what into m that I actually agree to eat with her but I think she wants to talk about something that I need to know or something important. I shrug and go to the meeting room. I take a seat and Lucas walk in after a few minutes. He looking handsome as usual and my feelings about him are still the same as the first day I saw him. I look at him for a while before starting to focus on the meeting. 

Finally, it's lunchtime, Elizabeth already send me the location of the restaurant and I am now on my way there. After a few moments, I arrived at the restaurant. I park my car and went inside. I look around to find her and then walk to her. "Sorry, I'm a bit late," I said and take a seat in front of her. 

"It's fine, go ahead and order first," She said and I order my food then give the menu to the waiter back. 

"So, what it is?" I ask.

"Well, let me just get this straight to the point. I don't know if you notice it or not, I just want to tell you that I am with Lucas now," She said looking at me. What?

"Um, but Lucas didn't even say any word to me about all this," I said.

"Of course, he won't. You know why?" I shake my head. "It's because he knows if he tells you, you will be broken. You already were broken by your mother's death and he doesn't want to make you feel sad again."