chapter 12

Gia

Two weeks later

I can't believe I've been doing what Jack's said for two whole weeks and just like how I expected, there's nothing change at all. He just keeps working and working while me here is having a hard time not doing anything stupid in front of him. "Ms. Florence, you have a visitor." Selena, my personal assistant said and I raise my eyebrows at her.

"I thought my client will be here in two hours?" I ask.

"Yes, but he said this is important. Should I let him in?" Him? 

"Uh, yea let him in," I wonder who could it be. I rarely have a visitor other than my clients and my family. I wait for my visitor to walk in while I continue my work. Just then, I heard someone clear his throat. I look up and freeze on my seat. I couldn't blink when I see someone that I never thought he will be here. "What are you doing here, Hayes?" I ask and he walks then takes a seat on the chair in front of me. 

"I came here to meet you, of course." He replies as if it's nothing to him.

"Okay... but is there any reason why you're here? I am busy and I don't have time to have chat with you. So, will you just go straight to the point?" I look at him waiting for the reply.

"I miss you, Gia. I know I shouldn't say this but I can't help myself and I didn't happy with my life now. It's not happy like when I'm with you, Gia." I am speechless after hearing what he said. "I know you might not believe me but I still love you and this feeling didn't fade away." He said looking straight into my eyes.

"Do you even realize what are you saying? You're going to get married to an innocent girl who thought you like her and will live happily with her. I don't want to be the third person who going to break your marriage. I'm not that evil and also I moved on now. You should too and live your life just like you do all this time." I said and he sighs.

"I try to love her just like I love you but it's hard. I come here today to meet you because I want you to help me persuade my parents to cancel the wedding. Be my girlfriend again?" I look at him in disbelief. 

"Excuse me?" 

"I am serious, Gia. My wedding is in a month and I need you by my side not her." 

"Hayes, I told you I moved on already and I don't have any feelings for you anymore. Please understand and I think it's better for you to leave now." 

"I know you still love me but because of my status now, you have to say you moved on. I know you, Gia." To be honest, I still have a slight feeling for him but I really don't think I want to get back with him. If he really loves me, he should've canceled the engagement and all this won't happen but he was stupid and let all this happen. 

"I'm not, Hayes. I have my life now and I even have a boyfriend now." What the hell are you saying Gia?! Since when do you have a boyfriend? 

"A-are you for real? No way, I know you and you're not the type who is easily got a guy." 

"So, you're saying I'm not pretty enough to attract a man? Stop talking like you know me really well, Hayes. We only together for five months and that's all not five years. I don't think you know me well. If you don't believe me, I will bring my new boyfriend to your wedding next month. I will be so glad to show it to you." I said and I immediately regret it because I don't even know any guy at the moment. 

"No, I want to see right now. I know you're lying because you really don't know how to lie." He said.

"I will bring him to your wedding and that's final. If not, then it's okay."