chapter 20

Lucas

It's been four days since I and Gia talked and everything seems to be in a control for now. To be honest, I am not okay since day one because there's something in my mind keeps telling me to call her and talk to her but luckily I can control that. I want to make sure that Gia will be the woman for me and will make me happy if I open my heart for her. I keep myself busy with works. That's the only way I can stop myself from thinking about her. It's been a while since I feel this way and it feels kinda weird, to be honest. Just then, my phone vibrates. I look at the caller and it is an unknown number. I pick it up to know who it is.

"Hello," I said.

"Lucas..." I am surprised when I heard the voice. I know this voice so well and I am sure it is her.

Elizabeth!

"What do you want?" I ask straight to the point.

"Don't be mad, please. I just want you to help me." She said.

"Help? What do you think I am? Customer service?"

"Please..."

"What?" I ask. I don't know why I still feel this way towards her. I just can't be that harsh towards her and that's not what I want. 

"Can you please find me a job?" 

"Excuse me?"

"I just got fired from my previous job and now I am jobless. I need to find a job as soon as possible but it's hard. Can you please help me?" She said. "I know you will help me, Lucas. I am okay with any job."

"Are you sure you ask the right person for help? I don't think so,"

"I won't be asking you to get back with me anymore but can we at least be friends? I promise I won't mention any of our past,"

"Email me your resume and I will let you know soon," I said and end the call. I don't know why I still want to help her. 

What is wrong with you Lucas? This is not you and you said you want to forget all about it but why you still want to help her after what she did to you? You're unbelievable.

*****

One week later

"Hey, babe," I turn around to see my girlfriend, Gia walk to me with food in her hand. " I bring you food because I know you didn't eat yet. Let's go," She said and we walk towards the lift. 

"I know you will bring me the food, that's why I'm not eating yet," I said and smile at her. I am waiting for her to come to my company every day since we're dating. I keep telling her that we just can eat outside so that she won't have to come here every day and bring me food but she insist to do that and I can't say anything if she insists. This is like our everyday routine to eat together at my office and I kinda love that. "You know you can just wait in our office, no need to come down like this."

"Why not? I like it. It's like I'm waiting for my mood booster." I said.

"You know what, you're quite clingy actually," She said while setting up the food on the table. "But it's okay, as long as you been clingy to me, only," She said and pinch my cheeks with her both hands.

"I know," I said smiling to her. I think I am smiling a lot since I met Gia because there's something in her that always makes me smile and be happy. She is sure my mood booster. Every time I'm in a bad mood or stressing out, she always makes me smile and forget all of my problems when I'm with her.

Well, I know you guys will be wondering what is happening here. Well, let me tell you, we already become a couple a few days ago. 

-Flashbacks-