5♡ He is straight

_

Mason's P.O.V

- 5'9
-Black curly hair
-Pale brown eyes
_

I watched as his eyes twinkled when he laughed, his brown hair swayed and he tilted his head back. Joe Miller was my best friend since third grade. We became friends when he spilt juice on my shirt. He then removed his shirt on the spot and gave it to me. The third graders laughed at him but, I was thankful for what he did. We instantly clicked as friends but when we grew up, I started having feelings for him.

The day I came out as gay, he was the one who hugged me when I cried. He comforted me and told me that there was nothing wrong.

Now, I can't help but have a crush on him.

But,

He’s straight.

I know he has been pursuing Monica Gray for two years. Monica was the lead cheerleader of our high school but, I knew the reason why Joe crushed on her,

She was feisty, intelligent and she did have an amazing figure.

I want to hate on her, to curse her for not paying attention to Joe while I dream of catching Joe's attention.

But I can't.

She isn't the cause of my suffering, she isn't the reason Joe was straight.

And Joe wasn't the reason I was gay!

I'm gay because I feel attracted towards boys, not just Joe.

Joe is straight because he's attracted to girls... not Monica.

Ah, Monica Gray.

She isn't the stereotype blonde bitch.

Come on, it's real life.

She is actually a sweet girl. Sure she isn't a virgin but neither is Joe or me.

It hurts but, I suppress my feeling.

I was at the cafeteria, waiting for Joe to come. When I saw him, my lips tugged into a smile but he wasn't alone. Next to him was Monica Gray, smiling. They were both laughing at something and jealousy filled my body.

I wanted to pull her away from him, kidnap him for myself-

Woah woah woah, calm the fuck down Mason!

I'm not turning insane because of a stupid crush.

I chuckled to myself and yelped when someone whispered 'boo' in my ears. I lost my balance but steadied myself at the last minute.

I looked at the person in shock only to see Bryan Gray, Monica's brother.

"What is wrong with you?" I said with wide eyes as my heartbeat quickened and he chuckled.

"Hello to you to Mason." he said with a grin, taking the seat next to me.

"Eh yeah sorry, hello Bryan. Now, what do you want?" I scoffed, frowning and he rolled his eyes.

"You know I follow my sister everywhere right?" He said in annoyance and I nodded with a laugh

"People say you're the brother freak!" I said and when I saw he wasn't laughing and that there was no hint of amusement in his face, I stopped laughing

"Sorry" I mumbled and he sighed

"Anyway, Monica is going to sit here." he said and I jerked my head towards him.

"She is?" I said with a gulp and Bryan stared at me calculatingly before nodding.