17♡ Emotions

__________

Alex's Focus

_________

Alex Brenan sat on a bench, his hand inside his pockets. He looked around in boredom, eyes barely stopping on people who oggled him. He looked at the time and sighed silently, still staring around.

His eyes fell on a couple who was cuddling under a tree, laughing about something. Some people were holding hands, some were snuggling against their partners.

They looked so stupid, lost in their own world. For the real world, they were shameless and disgustingly too touchy. He never understood why people held hands or acted lovely dovey.

Love was just an illusion.

His parents always fought when he was a kid. His mom treated him like shit, beat him, made him run her errands. The cigarette burns in his body proved the status his mother saw him as. He never got a present for Christmas or for his birthday.

Why did people celebrate birthday anyway? Why did they celebrate their one step closer to death, disease, failure?

"Sorry, I'm late" A sweet voice said and Alex's head slowly turned to the beauty that made his heart race. He felt a weird sensation whenever he saw Iris and he still couldn't understand how they were dating.

What was that feeling?

The 5'6 man in question was currently bent down slightly, his hands on his knees as he panted heavily. He breathed in quickly and stared at Alex with a smile, face flushed. His honey, curly brown hair covered his face to his nose when he bent down like that.

Iris sat next to Alex with a grin, keeping a reasonable distance between them.

Alex looked at the space between them and his mind started working abnormally.

How did Iris feel with a boyfriend like him?

Why was Iris with someone as boring as him in the first place?

He stared at the beauty who sat on the bench, a content smile on his lips as he stared in front, watching people.

Alex wasn't sure what Iris found in him

Alex refused to hold hands, cuddle or even act affectionate yet, Iris never complained.

He was shocked when a month ago,

They just celebrated their two-years relationship.

Both men got together when they were 23. Iris worked in a café and Alex, a worker at the construction building used to go to that café during his lunch. Alex was a regular employee, making enough money for him to pay his rent and all so, obviously, Iris wasn't after his money

The first time he met Iris, the man was a blushing mess. He dropped coffee over an indifferent Alex and kept apologizing, no matter how much Alex said it was fine. What fascinated Alex about this man was that Alex never smiled at him till now, yet, Iris never forced him to.

Alex doesn't even remember when he smiled.

Two months after that coffee incident, Iris asked 6'2 Alex out. Confused and unaware of what to do, Alex agreed, hoping that Iris would soon lose interest in him once he came to know that Alex wasn't an affectionate person but Iris stayed.

"Why are you staring?" A self-conscious Iris asked with a blush

"You're just... mesmerizing" Alex whispered out of the blue and even though he regretted it, it was worth it once Iris gasped. Iris's eyes widened and his face turned pink, his beautiful green eyes shining in love and adoration