38. Get Applejack back!

Star Twinkle and Steel Hammer were ordered to repair the town hall...again...

It was probably the third time this month.
Not because the two carpenter ponies did a terrible job but because the town hall was long beyond any repair.

Still, they did their best to repair the building the best they could.

Rainbow Dash offered her help as well and even brought a friend along who was helping too.
But that turned out to be a really bad idea.

Star Twinkle was busy, hammering in some nails until he had to dodge a thunder that almost hit him.
After getting startled by that, he gave a glare to the mare who caused it.

It came from the mare with the gray coat, the blonde mane, some bubbles as a Cutie Mark and most noticeable, her yellow crossed eyes.
Rainbow Dash already scolded the mare and asked her to be more careful.

"Careful, Derpy! Don't want to do any more damage than you've already done,"

"I just don't know what went wrong," Derpy replied bouncing up and down on her cloud until she got shocked by lightning, which came out of the cloud.

However, Rainbow Dash seemed to be familiar with her behavior since she wasn't showing any surprise.

"Yeah. It's a mystery," Rainbow Dash said slightly annoyed before she hammered a nail in the wall to pin down a flag.

Meanwhile, Star Twinkle and Steel Hammer almost finished their work on the building.

"Nice work, you guys," said Derpy before she accidentally hit one of the supporting pillars on the upper level of the building, causing it to fall down to the ground.
Rainbow Dash tried to catch it but the pillar was too heavy and she crashed through the wooden floor along with the pillar.

"Hey!
I just fixed that!" Steel Hammer exclaimed annoyed, turning to Derpy, who replied with an awkward smile.

Derpy put her head through the hole in the floor to look if Rainbow Dash was alright followed by Star Twinkle and Steel Hammer who walked up to the hole.

Rainbow Dash quickly flew into Derpy's face.
"No! Nothing!" Rainbow Dash said annoyed and frustrated.
"In the name of Celestia, just sit there and do nothing!"

Derpy did as she was told and sat down on the floor.
This caused the wooden floor to splinter and break.
Derpy fell down through herself-created hole but tried to hold on Star Twinkle and Rainbow Dash, causing them both to fall down too.

Steel Hammer was just watching the whole scenario unfold and shook his head.

"Should have considered working in demolition..." He mumbled to himself.

His attention was then focused at some loud cheers that came from a few meters away.
A crowd was cheering and stomping for Applejack, who was looking a little embarrassed.

Meanwhile, Star Twinkle, Rainbow Dash and Derpy crawled out of the hole to listen to the Mayor.

"Everypony, can I get your attention? Attention please!" The Mayor said, trying to get the attention of the crowd.
"We are all here to send Applejack to compete in this year's Equestria Rodeo competition in Canterlot,"

The crowd continued to cheer for Applejack.
Every year Applejack was sent off to attend the Rodeo competition in Canterlot.
And every time she would come back with a bunch of blue ribbons and a lot of price money.
Usually, Applejack would give away her price money for the town and this time wasn't any different.
Applejack offered to give her price money to repair the town hall.