91. A Friend from the Past - Part 3

Lord Tirek...

After absorbing almost all the magic from the ponies of Equestria, Lord Tirek became probably the most powerful being that ever threatened this world. He was once trapped in Tartarus but he escaped after Cerberus left his post. Even though that was a long time ago, he only started to move now because he was weakened. He needed to steal magic from others to strengthen himself before he would attempt to show himself in the open.

But Princess Celestia was well aware of his plan and she decided to ask Discord, the Lord of Chaos, to take care of him. Not only was he powerful enough to deal with him but he could also tell whenever there was a unbalance in magic, making him the perfect candidate to track Tirek down. However, this plan quickly backfired once Discord teamed up with Lord Tirek. Now those two dangerous villains traveled through Equestria and managed to get a hold of almost all the magic in Equestria.

And once Lord Tirek was strong enough to overpower Discord, he stole his magic as well. All that was left for him was to steal the magic of the Alicorn Princesses...

Princess Twilight Sparkle...

Once Princess Celestia heard of the return of Lord Tirek, and how immensely powerful he became after stealing the magic of most ponies in Equestria, she realized that it would only be a matter of time until he would go after Alicorn Magic. Princess Luna, Princess Cadence and she came to the conclusion that it would be best to hide this magic from Tirek, or rather entrust it to somepony. This Somepony was Twilight Sparkle.

The Princesses decided to give Twilight their magic so that she would hide it from Tirek and later use it to defeat him. However, having so much magic inside of her made it quite difficult to completely control it and even Twilight needed some time to get used to it. In order to not endanger her friends, she was also asked by Princess Celestia to keep this to herself, meaning that she was left alone to deal with all of this herself.

Eventually, though, she ran out of time and Lord Tirek arrived in Ponyville to go and get the Alicorn Magic inside of Twilight. After Lord Tirek started his attack, Twilight had no choice but to fight back. Her magic was certainly powerful enough to counter Lord Tirek's immense strength. In fact, she was now the only one to stop him...

Nearby Ponyville...

The battle outside of Ponyville continued...

The landscape was beginning to change because of the battle between Twilight and Lord Tirek. The amount of magic that they were throwing around was just too much. Earthquakes, explosions and much more were created by this battle. Luckily all of this was too far away from Ponyville and nopony was put in danger. With that in mind, Twilight had no reason to hold back her attacks.

Twilight shot multiple beams at Lord Tirek, each of them was blocked by him until he decided to attack back. Accompanied by a growl, Lord Tirek smashed his fists on the ground, which created an earthquake, causing rocks to come out of the ground that was blocking the path of Twilight, who was flying straight at Tirek. But those rocks were quickly destroyed by one aimed shot each, causing no problem for her. After her sight was clear again, she began to charge one beam of magic to fire at Lord Tirek. Realizing what Twilight was up to, Tirek did the same. He charged a magic beam for a few seconds before he fired it straight at Twilight. Twilight quickly fired her own beam of magic and soon both beams clashed, causing a magical explosion that was big enough to destroy a small town.

After those two beams clashed, there was a short silence. Twilight and Tirek were both buried under some dirt and rubble but they quickly got back on their hooves and glared at each other.