76. Chaos in the House

Star Twinkle figured that he was spending a lot of time near train stations recently. Whether it was because he needed to go to Manehattan or Rainbow Falls, for some reason, trains were not very far. This time, he didn't need to take the train though, this time he just needed to say farewell to Fluttershy, who was spending the day out of town. Apparently, the "Equestrian Society for the Preservation of Rare Creatures" gave her permission to observe some creatures called the "Breezies". According to Fluttershy, they were the rarest, tiniest and most adorable creatures in all of Equestria so as an Animal lover, she just had to take this chance to see them herself.

And her friends were all at the train station to see her off.

Rarity gave her some additional clothing, in case that it would get cold and Applejack packed her a basket of apples in case that she would get hungry. Fluttershy herself was already wearing safari-like clothes and had her saddlebag packed with all kinds of things. She was probably all too familiar with how to observe animals on her own.

The train was already in the station and about to leave so Fluttershy quickly got on it. "Have a great time!" Twilight said.

"Oh, I will," Fluttershy said excitedly. "And I hope you have fun with Cadance," she wished back.

Shortly after, the train was leaving and Fluttershy was on her way. However, that was only the first reason why everypony gathered at the station. Cadance, princess of the Crystal Empire, wife of Twilight's brother Shining Armor and Twilight's old foal-sitter, was about to visit Ponyville. Or, to be precise, Twilight. As the ruler of the Crystal Empire, Princess Cadance had a lot of things to take care of and naturally, not much free time to spare. But today, she had time to spend and she used it to see Twilight who was quite nervous about her visit.

"What could you be nervous about, Twilight? Cadance just loves you to pieces!" Applejack said, which couldn't be further from the truth.

"I know, but I really want her visit to go without a hitch!" Twilight explained.

"Oh, why wouldn't it?" Pinkie Pie asked confused.

"Well, the last three times we've seen each other haven't exactly been worry-free," Twilight replied.
Of course, the last three times they've met always had something to do with saving Equestria so there was probably little time to refresh their old friendship. "Cadance and I haven't really had a chance to just enjoy being friends again. Which is why it is so important that this visit be about the two of us having some real quality time together," Twilight further explained.

"I'm guessin' you've got a plan that'll keep it that way," Applejack said.

And as expected, that was exactly the case. "The timing couldn't be more perfect. Today, right here in Ponyville, the Star Swirl the Bearded Traveling Museum!" She said while she pointed at a poster that was on the train station building, showing a picture of, who else, Starswirl the Bearded. "Cadance and I can spend the whole day looking at Star Swirl the Bearded artifacts!" She said excitedly.

"Sounds like a perfect drama-free way to spend the day with Cadance," Rarity said.

"Unless Cadance isn't a fan of Star Swirl the Bearded..." Star Twinkle pointed out.

"Oh, don't worry about that," Twilight assured. "The only drama that will occur is the one of being surrounded by the bells from his cloak they've chosen to put on display. Spoiler alert: it's this one!" She said while she pointed again at the poster in front of her.

Twilight was clearly showing some excitement and couldn't wait to spend time with Cadance at this traveling museum. But the same couldn't be said about every other pony. Rainbow Dash for example who visibly showed her disinterest by gagging a little."Uh, sorry. Something in my throat... like a big ball of 'lame'!" For Rainbow Dash, it didn't really sound like a very entertaining day but that didn't really matter.