57. Great and Powerful Revenge

"So this is Ponyville?" A female voice said belonging to a pony who watched over the little town.
"She should arrive here very soon...Then the fun part can soon begin," the pony said as she waited excited for the arrival of somepony.

In front of Fluttershy's cottage...

Fluttershy gathered a bunch critters in order for Twilight to practice a spell that she wants to perform for Princess Celestia and some foreign ponies that were invited as well. Apparently, Twilight was assigned for the entertainment. Being Twilight, of course, she wanted to be prepared.
Star Twinkle and Spike were there as well, mostly to make sure that the critters were alright in case something went wrong.

"Don't be scared, little friends. Twilight is wonderful with magic," Fluttershy said to her little critter friends even though they did not look scared at all. Fluttershy then turned to Twilight. "Anything happens to them, Twilight, so help me..." she said almost threatening out of fear that her friends could be in danger to Twilight who was a little surprised to see the usually so quiet and friendly Pegasus like this.

"Reminder...never mess with Fluttershy's animals..." Star Twinkle thought after he saw how Fluttershy could be when it came to her animal friends.

Spike quickly went between the two mares and tried to convince Fluttershy about Twilight's magical skills and that there was nothing to worry about. "Aww, don't worry, Fluttershy, Twilight's magic has gotten a lot better since she accidentally crushed me and Applejack with a giant snowball,"

Twilight could only smile embarrassed after that was brought up again.
"Not helping, Spike..." Star Twinkle said towards Spike's uncalled statement.

Whether it was Spike's words or not, Fluttershy was not fully convinced. "Of course she's good with magic. Twilight's great with magic. I guess I just don't want my little friends to be scared. Oh, oh, look how scared they are!" She said pointing at her little critter friends who were not scared at all and even looked a little excited.

Twilight assured that nothing would happen to her friends and finally started her spell. She began to levitate the animals above the ground and attempted to move them in a certain way. All this time, Fluttershy watched in shock out of fear that something bad would happen, causing Star Twinkle to comfort her here and then. Twilight managed to do her trick and made every single one of the critters land safely to the ground again.

Twilight was sweating heavily after that performance. Star Twinkle didn't even realize that this was that hard but judging from Twilight's exhaustion, it probably was a lot harder than it looked. "That's all for now, little ones. Maybe we can practice again later if Fluttershy says it's alright," she said after she swept away her sweat from her forehead. Fluttershy was covering her eyes in shock and probably didn't even hear her friends laughing and cheering in excitement around her. They were clearly enjoying this and Fluttershy was just too scared to realize.

Spike was the first one to compliment Twilight on her performance. "Your magic has really improved since we came to Ponyville, Twilight. Princess Celestia's going to love it," he assured.

"Thanks, Spike. I have to be at my best when she arrives with the delegates from Saddle Arabia. I can't believe she's trusting me with the entertainment," Twilight said with still a little disbelieve in her voice.

"Are we done here now?" Star Twinkle asked as he wanted to confirm that he is no longer needed right now. "I could take something to eat right no-" But Star Twinkle was then suddenly tackled by Rainbow Dash to the ground who seemed to be in a big rush.