112. The Countess

A whole bunch of ponies gathered a little bit outside Ponyville, all of them working hard to set up a stage for an upcoming concert. Star Twinkle and Steel Hammer were also part of those ponies, the two carpenter ponies couldn't be missing when it came to set stuff up after all. Still, they were not told for whom this concert was supposed to be. That really didn't matter to Star Twinkle though, he just continued his work.

Star Twinkle carried some big apple decorations on his back. "Where do we put those?" The stallion asked the pony in charge of all of this, which surprisingly was none other than Applejack.

"Up on the stage with them," she said pointing at a specific location on the stage.

Star Twinkle did what he was told and went to the stage to place the apples on it. Some of his friends, like Rarity and Fluttershy, were putting some ribbons on the stage, as well as Rainbow Dash who was helping to put some ribbons around the place. All this while Applejack was overseeing with a keen eye and making sure that everything was going well.

Ironically, Twilight, the pony who was usually the one in charge of things like this, was praising Applejack for her work on all this. "Wow, Applejack! Are you sure you've never managed a concert before?" She asked in awe seeing how she could not have done it any better.

"Well, it turns out doin' up a concert's the same as settin' up a rodeo," Applejack replied in her modesty.

"And thanks to Pinkie's connections organizing the Ponypalooza Rock Concert, we've got quite a lineup for the Helping Hooves Music Festival."

Star Twinkle had to stop for a moment after hearing that Pinkie Pie was managing a Rock Concert before but he decided to get back to work. That was until he almost got a heart attack by Pinkie Pie popping up in front of him all of a sudden.

"Star Twinkle!" She said in her excitement before she did the same with the rest of her friends as well. "Twilight! Applejack! Rainbow Dash! Rarity! Fluttershy! Spike! Pinkie Pie! Oh wait, that's me," she said as she looked into a glass window that two ponies were carrying around, speaking to her own reflection.

"Everypony!" The mare then shouted across the place asking for everyone's attention.

Everyone was walking towards Pinkie Pie to see what this fuzz was about shortly after. "What is it, Pinkie?" Twilight asked curiously, wondering what the pink pony was so excited about.

"I have the most amazing news ever! It is totally gonna freak your frizz!" Pinkie Pie assured.

Unless the mare wasn't telling everyone that all the work was done, Star Twinkle was not too curious about her news, Pinkie Pie had the tendency to get a little bit too excited about the smallest things after all.

"Well, spill it, Pinkie!" Rainbow Dash prompted in an impatient tone.

Pinkie Pie then finally explained. "It wasn't easy. In fact, it was terribly difficult. But I have managed to book the biggest pony pop star in all of Equestria as the main attraction of the Helping Hooves Music Festival!" She announced.

Applejack was taking a quick guess of who that could have been. "Sapphire Shores?"

Pinkie Pie was shocked and offended to hear that though. "Sapphire Shores?! Please! Sapphire Shores is merely the second biggest pony pop star in Equestria," she corrected in an offended tone.

"Who would have thought," Star Twinkle casually added. He clearly was not seeing a big difference about the second and the most popular pony in the first place, not that he knew anything about pop stars to begin with to throw in his opinion at all.

But despite the stallion's comment, Pinkie Pie continued to share her good news and revealed the name of the biggest pony pop star of Equestria to everyone. "I have booked the one, the only, Countess Coloratura!" She said proudly.