0.0 || The Greatest Loss

Runexi's notes:

Please consider reading these following stories (all can be found in my work list) before you proceed. Recommended reading order: 

|| Start with "One Lifetime is Never Enough", until chapter 27;

|| Continue with "Loving You For a Lifetime" until the end;

|| Continue with "One Lifetime is Never Enough" chapter 28 onwards, until the end;

|| Continue with "Remembering You For Eternity" until the end.

Then you can properly enjoy "Because It's You." Some of the characters from those stories are in this story. Not reading the prior stories won't take too much experience, but you will (probably) enjoy this story more when you know who's who.

ANDDD, Just in case you missed the tags, this story is LGBT friendly. It contains BxB, danmei, yaoi, whatever other familiar term that means the same. (✿'‿')

Thank you for reading my stories <3

*** *** ***

Park Jeong Hyeon lay on his hospital bed in the VIP room, blankly staring at the off-grey ceiling.

The only sound he could hear in the desolate white room was the IV drip attached to his veins.

Despite the seemingly bleak situation, Park Jeong Hyeon still thought that perhaps, he should count his blessing. Normally, a middle class salaryman like he was, would never be able to afford a VIP room such as this, in one of the most prestigious private hospitals in Korea.

One of his best friends was the son of the hospital's CEO, a second generation chaebol(1), and he had taken upon himself to make sure Jeong Hyeon's last moments of life would be as comfortable as could  be.

Park Jeong Hyeon sighed. There was truly nothing more he could do, literally and figuratively. He could not even walk anymore, and moving his fingers already took a great amount of effort and strength.

Nevertheless for him, although death was a loss against life, it was not necessarily the greatest loss.

The greatest loss was what could have died inside of him while he was living(2). But he believed he had lived his life fully,  in accordance to the name he had been bestowed by his late parents.

['Jeong 正'] which means 'right/proper';

['Hyeon 현'] which means 'bright';

After graduating university, he married his junior who had gotten pregnant out of wedlock. Although her pregnancy did not have anything to do with him, he did not mind at all. They had always been close since university days. When Kim Hee Na turned up at his doorstep, her pretty eyes swollen due to her crying; as he listened to how she had completely 'fucked up' her life by not having protective sex with a stranger; as she was sobbing into his arms... .

Park Jeong Hyeon thought, although he did not love Kim Hee Na romantically, his surging protective feeling towards the young woman then, was a strong enough drive for him to take her under his protection and be responsible for her and the unborn child's lives.

The unborn child, turned out to be 'children' about eight months later, a pair of twin of a boy and a girl.

He lost his mother and father early in his life, and although his grandparents looked after him for a while, when they passed due to their old age, he was left alone. Park Jeong Hyeon was truly happy. With Kim Hee Na, and the children, he had family once more. He was fortunate the inheritance and his parents' death insurance had left for him, was more than enough to continue to tertiary education, and to purchase a moderate apartment for him and his little family.