3.0 || My Dream, Your Truth

The woman looked presentable - that was probably the best compliment one could say about her.

Her name was Cynthia. She was a make-up artist, but as she was a freelancer and was not a highly-sought one, she could not afford to turn up to her contracted job with just sweatpants and a sweater.

One of her good friends was fortunate to be contracted by a major entertainment company, responsible for primping up and looking after the skin beauty of famous idol groups. This friend could turn up in her undies to work, and no one would probably bat an eye.

Nathan had just begun to nod his chin down, feeling fatigue overtaking him. Cynthia immediately jerked his face upwards, her eyes squinting in warning, "Stay still. I just need to apply some light brow pencil."

He grimaced. He has not had enough sleep since forever, and this distant cousin always wanted to use him as guinea pig for her make-up training.

Cynthia clucked her tongue, "You're born with such good looks. If I don't take care of your skin, who will?" She applied a sunscreen-foundation mix, similar to BB cream or CC cream in one of his past lifetimes, "I'm still waiting for you to make money for me! Consider it your repayment."

In this life, his parents died early, and he had been raised by Cynthia's parents, despite their thin family ties. Nathan King knew who he was since birth. Unlike his past lives, his soul had been properly reincarnated to this particular world.

Cynthia grumbled under her breath while she applied some setting powder and spray onto his face, "Although we are cousins, why is God so unfair? They give all the good looks to you, a man. A woman needs appearance more, you know."

Nathan smiled, stifling his yawn. When he was brought into Cynthia's house, his eyes were like a giant panda's, deep and bruised, as though he had never fallen asleep.

Only heavens knew, he actually had been lacking sleep. Fortunately, as he grew up, his strength began to match his physique, and he could control his power. He still recalled the days during his infancy, every time he fell asleep, he had to battle Daemons with his short arms & legs. He could not even crawl yet at the time, and he had to summon the Sky Dragon every single time, exhausting him to no end.

In this world, Daemons existed in dreams. And he was the dream grim reaper. How could he not be lacking sleep?

Looking down on him, Cynthia finally nodded in satisfaction, "Compared to Kyle Rivera or that newcomer... who was it again? Gary or something, I think you look better." She stuffed all her make-up utensils into her portable bag and shoved it to him, "Let's go. Although my work won't start until afternoon, your photo-shoot will be in an hour's time, right? I can only give you some odd jobs like this, and because of your face, you can still model a few times. It's not good to be late."

To help Cynthia with her work, Nathan drove her around. At the moment, he was not yet eighteen years old, just finishing his high school last season. He had applied for driving licence straight away, passing the test in his first go. For a man who had lived for multiple lifetimes, driving an earth-like vehicle was as normal as eating rice.

Nathan nodded, twirling the car keys in his finger. The car was a third-hand small hatchback, but it was all they could afford at the moment.

When he arrived at a small building where his photo-shoot was, there were already a few other young models. The theme of the photo shoot was street wear for youths.

Slick hair, tall posture, fair face with rebellious features enhanced by light make-up, Nathan became the darling of the camera. Even his somewhat sleep-deprived gaze gave an impression of indolent wildness.