2.28 || The Prodigal Young Master

The edict from the Emperor came soon afterwards:

Because of Consort Han's disappearance in Great Wei's territory, the new Emperor was deeply saddened and remorseful. However, the past Emperor had also thought to have perished along with the Consort, causing further grievance to Great Wei as well. Thus the new Emperor could only seek for understanding from their Bei Sui allies.

To show Great Wei's sincerity, Great Wei would send their most accomplished Royal Prince - the Seventh Prince - to learn about Bei Sui's culture and to live there as well. The time limit of this cultural experience stay was currently undetermined. To assist the Seventh Prince during his time across the sea, the Marquis family would also relocate to Bei Sui for as long as the Seventh prince were to stay.

The common folks could only scratch their heads. The Seventh Prince was a dear son to the current Regent, why did the new Emperor suddenly send him abroad? Was it really a cultural experience and not an exile instead? But if it was the latter, why did the Emperor send the Yang clan along? The Marquis and his two accomplished sons were loyal subjects and never had any fall-outs with the imperial family before after all.

In the end, they could only believe in the cultural experience claim. The majority of Great Wei citizens had never crossed the sea to the north before. However, Bei Sui merchants often traveled to Great Wei and they seemed to be decent as well. Even Consort Han was known for her beauty and elegance. The Seventh Prince's life in Bei Sui couldn't be bad.

*** *** ***

Rows of majestic-looking ships graced the shore of the only port connecting the northern lands and Great Wei.

Atop one of the bigger ships, a muscular man relayed his orders to the workers and sailors manning the ships. The man was wearing a fitted robe, showing his fine chest outline. His powerful looking waist and his pants was held by a simple sash. His outfit was as casual as could be, but his bearing and some stern looking guards surrounding him clearly showed he was not of commoner status.

When the man saw Marquis Yang's entourage, his eyes lit up and he immediately jumped off the ship.

Yang Wenbao greeted him, "Wu Li, it's been a while."

Wu Li grinned and gave everyone his greetings. When he saw Marquis Yang, his eyes brightened more, "Marquis, I have heard so much about you from A-Yu-... oomphh!!" His stomach was immediately punched by Yang Liyuan.

Marquis Yang was never acquainted with Wu Li before, and his face showed confusion. Looking at how familiar Yang Liyuan was acting with the foreigner, he smiled amiably, "Thank you for escorting us to Bei Sui. May I know your... "

A worker jogged towards Wu Li and saluted, "Third Prince, everything is ready and we're good to go!" Wu Li nodded and waved him away.

Marquis Yang, "... ." 

The Bei Sui's Royal Third Prince himself would escort the Yang clan and Great Wei's Seventh Prince across the sea to the north? And since when was his first son acquainted with such a powerful figure!

Yang Wenbao could guess what the Marquis Yang was thinking. He saw how Yang Liyuan rolled his eyes and guessed his older brother was most likely already aware of Wu Li's identity.

Yang Wenbao already knew Wu Li was part of the royalty, but he never thought Wu Li was an influential Royal Prince. The mysterious Bei Sui Third Prince was a naval General, having authority over the transport across the sea, as well as movements of merchants from Bei Sui to Great Wei. 

One could only imagine how rich and powerful this man was.

Wu Li tried to curry favor with the Marquis again, "Everything has been prepared and only the best onboard rooms and services are provided for esteemed Marquis' family. After all, I already think of you as my fa-... Urghh!!" A kick was bestowed to his kneecap by Yang Liyuan.