2.27 || The Prodigal Young Master

Thus the Crown Prince ascended the throne without any difficulty. He appointed Zhou Chanqing as his regent and personal advisor. Because of the blood brotherly tie between Zhou Chanqing and the last Emperor, none of the officials had any objection. For the officials and the common-folks, it was proper for the Emperor's own uncle to assist him in governance.

Zhou Chanqing was also loved by the soldiers. Thus to have a military leader in a high political seat also cemented the united hearts of the soldiers to support the new Emperor.

As people saw the new Emperor rule justly on the subjects and was not tyrannical, no one remembered the last Emperor and how he was technically still missing.

Even more so for Consort Han, who would pay attention to a foreign woman's disappearance, regardless of her favored status before?

Yang Wenbao sought audience with the Emperor and Regent Zhou for an important matter. Zhou Yequan was also present, along with Tang Zhiming, Marquis Yang, and Yang Liyuan. Regent Zhou's - Zhou Chanqing's - face was not delighted though, "Repeat that again for me?"

Yang Wenbao spoke clearly once more, "This humble one wants to take the Seventh Prince away from the palace."

Zhou Chanqing heaved, but maintained his composure, "Why?"

Marquis Yang was the one who sighed, "Esteemed Regent, if you're still a friend, let us go. It's for the best. Do you not remember the holy Monk Sheng? And what he had said?"

"The dormant dragon is incapable of sight.

Yet, the heavens love him dearly and blessed him with a treasure to be his light.

The treasure shall rid the dormant dragon's fright.

When the dormant dragon and the treasure walk abreast,

The old dissent shall be put to rest."

Everyone was suddenly reminded of the passage.

Marquis Yang spoke again, "It's for the best. Now that the country is beginning to stabilize, no matter if the passage was a load of crap or not, the common folks are devout believers and a lot of them still believe the late monk's words."

Tang Zhiming lamented as well, in support of Marquis Yang's words, "Fortunately Great Wei and Bei Sui are always at peace, and now Western Jia and the Eastern Borders are free of monsters, the world is quite safe for everyone to roam. But we must solidify His Majesty's new reign. With old beliefs and rumors caused by the late Monk's premonition, we can't form a solid leadership."

Zhou Chanqing was taken aback.

The Emperor was swayed too. Of course he still remembered the passage. However truth be told, he had forgotten about it ever since he became the new Emperor. Now the Yang clan had brought it to his attention, how could he not be suspicious of the premonition?

Blind dragon; who else was it if not Zhou Yequan?

Treasure; who else was it if not Yang Wenbao with the very same character in his name?

Not to mention, there was a rumor circulating from some of the soldiers who had returned from Western Jia and the Eastern border. It had something to do with a certain Young Master who had the power of the heavens and capable of summoning a holy dragon. Although Zhou Chanqing and Yang Liyuan had curbed the rumors, it was there nevertheless. Yang Wenbao himself was popular with soldiers and commoners alike.

The Emperor knew he could not touch Yang Wenbao, especially when he had only ascended. Not to mention, the Marquis was in a close friendship with the Regent and the Imperial Strategist. If anything unsavory were to befall the Yang clan under the new Emperor's rule and jurisdiction, wouldn't he just drown in everyone's spit?