2.26 || The Prodigal Young Master

Yang Wenbao left the already unconscious creature and joined the other soldiers to fight the other Daemons. Perhaps it was because the creature was no longer moving, perhaps it was the ball-breaking kick that made the soldiers somewhat sorry for it, no one tried to decapitate its head while it was down.

However soon, no one could spare any thought to it, as it seemed that the swarm of monsters was never-ending. Yang Wenbao directed some of the soldiers to knock down the walls altogether.

The soldiers, ".... ." "Then what's the point of all of us fixing the walls for the past weeks?"

They would probably choke of their own blood if they knew Yang Wenbao's reply to that, "Obviously because I had to keep my A-Quan safe from any possible insect that might pass through."

Yang Wenbao smiled good-naturedly, "It's easier to get rid of the flood all at once, rather than try to burn the trickle of water one by one."

"... ."

"Although it makes sense, at the same time, it doesn't," the soldiers thought, "What flood and what burn?"

When the wall broke down and sudden influx of monsters came through, everyone could only watch as the easygoing Second Young Master Yang stood silently in front of the horde of monsters ready to tear him apart.

Everyone's eyebrows twitched when he let go of his sword.

Everyone thought the gods were not in their favor when the sky turned dark and rumbles of lightning echoed throughout.

Everyone thought their sense of hearing was malfunctioning when they heard the monsters whimper instead of howling their normal growls.

Then when Yang Wenbao raised his hand; when a crack of lightning opened the dark sky, sharp blinding light sped towards him; when the blinding light gradually took form of a golden whiskered, purple scaled dragon; when the dragon almost reached Yang Wenbao's hand and opened its mouth full of sharp fangs... .

Some of the soldiers who were not already slumped on ground in shock thought Yang Wenbao would be a goner.

As soon as the dragon seemed to swallow Yang Wenbao full, the blinding light dispersed and turned the surrounding into a brief period of white.

When everyone gained their sight, Yang Wenbao was still standing in the same spot. The dragon had disappeared, the sky had turned clear once more.

But the air was full of a rotten stench, emanating from the deformed monsters who had started to disperse into black ash.

All except one - the Dafuq that had been graciously kicked by Yang Wenbao. Its body was twitching and also smelled rotten, but it still retained its form.

One of the soldiers poked the creature with his sword and noticed an object rolling off its dirty clothes. The soldier cautiously picked up the item and asked his friend who was by his side, "This... looks familiar?"

The dirty object was undoubtedly a jade seal and one could even make out the imperial dragon emblem as well as the character 'Zhou' on it.

The soldier immediately dropped the seal like it was a hot potato. How could he not recognize the character on the seal? Everytime a letter or edict came from the imperial palace, it would bore the same seal.

Only then did the other soldiers start to clamor,

"The robe it's wearing... it's quite a good quality silk, isn't it?"

"Good quality my ass, it's the best quality there is. Although it's tattered in places, feel the fabric with your fingers!" One daring soldier squatted and pinched the fabric.