1.1 || Unconditional

Being a dog was actually not too bad. JamJam felt incredibly liberated.

Well, he had a bit of grievance against Gil. Apparently, the registered name of JamJam was not even remotely close to 'James'.

It was Jamon.

Jamon.

(A/N: This is a jamon

(A/N: This is a jamon. Jamón is the Spanish word for ham)

He could not believe it. Yes, although he was a little chubby (more than a little) when he was a puppy, he was a handsome man, dog... , mandog... , whatever you might refer to him as. How could Gil think of a dry-cured ham when the boy saw him?

But apart from that, Jamon, JamJam, was already used to his life as a Shiba Inu.

At the moment, he was feasting on a piece of unsalted piece of medium-rare cooked beef patty. At one year old, JamJam was the epitome of the smartest dog around. And he knew he deserved his lavish meal, twice a day, daily. Truth be told, JamJam was even able to eat normal human food.

It was a tiny bit of compensation – cheat, if you will – that was granted to him by the two deities. Despite eating human food or processed food that would normally be toxic to dogs, there would be no harm that would befall JamJam.

Not that he had any choice. There were plenty of stories going around in his last life, where a human transmigrated into a dog's body, and suddenly found dog food tasting like gourmet michelin starred dishes.

That was completely and utterly bullcrap.

Puppy's milk was one thing, but the first time Gil put a bowl of wet food in front of him, JamJam barfed. So Gil did not have any choice but to process his own food, with trial and error, for the back-then-puppy-JamJam to eat.

JamJam successfully passed his puppy stage with a meal combination of rice, minced beef or chicken, and pureed vegetables.

Then Gil tried to re-introduce him to proper dog food – both dry and wet – on Anne's insistence. After all, Anne was already unhappy about having to split their grocery to feed the dog, and that they could not utilize Sandy's offer of free dog food.

At the time, JamJam scoffed at the sight of the smelly unappetizing blob of those supposedly premium dog foods and exaggeratedly made a vomiting act.

"Aren't you glad that you can still enjoy the finer things in life?" YuLan squatted by his side. JamJam decided to ignore her.

"That's our blessing to you, you know. Heck, you can even enjoy chocolate if you want to," she continued further, running her fingers through his lush cream fur. He just let her be. After all, being patted like that actually felt quite nice. Lei squinted his eyes at YuLan's affectionate gesture. JamJam was sure that the male god was not too pleased that his wife was being affectionate towards another being apart from himself.