3.4 || My Dream, Your Truth

In any case, despite how badly he needed proper sleep, Nathan still tried to make his sleeping sessions short. Therefore, it ended up exhausting him to no end.

Basically, regardless whoever's dream he reached when he fell asleep, he no longer bothered to spend time individually hunting for Daemons or malice in said dream.

One time, in a relatively beautiful dreamscape, there were mermaids frolicking with siren-like creatures and faceless sailors. There, Nathan hitched a ride and stood at the bow of the captain's ship, immediately summoning the Sky Dragon, purifying all the dreamscape in one go. A few sirens and sailors turned into dark ash, indicating those were the malice forms inside this particular dream.

Normally, after such a large scale purification, Nathan would spend some time in the respective dream world before the owner of the dream naturally woke up. This was the only proper respite he could have, getting a decent rest.

But after being scared half to death by an unknown person who seemed to be able to jump from said person's own dream, to wherever Nathan was, Nathan no longer spared any time for rest.

His sleeping routine became: fall asleep - purify the dreamscape and practically spend his whole energy in one go - immediately kill himself in order to wake up.

There were a couple of ways to exit one's dream. One method was if the owner of the dream noticed his existence and decided he should not be a part of the dream, thus the owner of the dream 'expels' him from it. The good thing was, this did not happen too often.

Second method was if the owner of the dream naturally woke up, then Nathan would wake up too. There were a few instances where some dreams were so chaotic, he kept being pushed and pulled into the dream because the owner of the dream was restless.

Third, was for him to give himself a shock to his soul, and to expel himself out of a dream. The easiest and fastest method was for him to strike himself dead in the dream. This was the most painful way to get out of a dream and definitely not Nathan's preference.

However, his chastity was in danger. Although it was still a dream, why would he let anyone, apart from his A-Quan in his last life, touch him so wantonly?

Thus, Nathan King's already-bleary eyes that, although had seemed to got better lately, became worse than how they used to be. The only thing keeping him from fainting or dropping dead in real life because of fatigue altogether, was his strong inner soul.

Nathan had just woken up from yet another dream.

In that dream, it was a dark and desolate swamp, surrounded by arabian-esque desert environment. Sand stung his eyes, sticky mud lapped at his shoes as he walked, slowly falling snowflakes felt like sharp blades against his skin. Snowflakes in the middle of the desert, mud swamp, sandstorm. What else could surprise him?

A humanoid figure ran across his peripheral vision. Before he could take a good look, the figure jumped and soared, the blurry human figure turning into a black bird, emitting a shrill wail as it continued to fly upwards.

Nathan's gaze followed the dark shadow, now gliding across the sky. Upon closer look, it was a raven, but the previously small size had become a bird the size of a skyscraper. It was followed by a stream of black strings. The black strings were undoubtedly malice, not even bothering to assume a physical form and went straight for the big black raven. The raven seemed to be escaping, yet whenever the strings were too far behind, it seemed to slow down in flight.

The whole spectacle was like watching a game of tag.

Nathan, "..... ." He thought the owner of this dream was either a psycho, close to being a Daemon, or just has really bad hobby.