1.10 || Unconditional

Lana frowned at Roan's way of addressing her father and his greedy stare at her, but she was suddenly pulled back by a pair of strong hands. She was now hidden behind a strange Asian man's body. Although he was wearing a black suit not unlike what everyone else was wearing for the mourning, she was sure the man was not inside the room before.

The open casket lay in the middle of the room. Around the casket, various people showed different reactions. Some were trembling due to fear, some were unsure, some already started running towards the currently closed door.

Outside the door, there were some security personnel and bodyguards. As long as they could exit the room, they would be safe.

Or so those people thought, when their bodies were swiftly punctured by an extended claw. The owner of the claw was precisely the old man that was still lying dead inside the coffin just a few moments ago.

Those people did not even get to scream as their bodies fell towards the door, effectively barricading the only exit.

YuLan's voice was soon heard, "Yep, that's the Daemon. Roan Scifa seems to have infected the corpse with some malice when he was supposedly paying his respects before."

"I thought Roan Scifa is the only Daemon in this world after I broke Abe?" James groaned.

YuLan's voice carried a hint of guilt, "Ah... slight miscalculation. Even Lei and I did not think that the malice that escaped to this world has the ability to infect other humans. That trait should only be in higher level worlds... ." She added, "But! The two Daemons are still the weaker type."

James warily looked at the closed door. It was the type that opened one way, and could only be pushed open from the outside. The other people, who had just witnessed the horror-like slaughter, screamed and shouted in panic. Although the ruckus already attracted the guards posted outside the room, those guards were unable to get through the door.

"Aunt Lana?"

"Are you okay?"

Gil and Tara's worried voices could be heard from behind the door as they continuously pounded on it.

"Ah... my beloved son and niece," Roan Scifa tilted his head and smiled as he heard Gil and Tara's shouts, "Although I pity that I cannot get rid of everyone at once, their turn will come."

James' blood ran cold when he saw the Old Master jumping out of the coffin. The movement was stiff, but as soon as the old man set foot on the floor, he immediately lunged forward towards Lana Scifa.

James had to applaud Lana Scifa's wit to have moved the Old Master away from Roan Scifa when the Old Master was still alive. Otherwise, Roan Scifa already had plenty of time to nurture a new monster. From what he understood, newly birthed Daemons were less dangerous than the ones that had fully assimilated to the host.

"Husband and wife must be together after all. That is right, father-in-law, your daughter has refused to live with me. She must return to my side, and we can then rule together," Roan Scifa nodded.

Yet another problem arised: if Roan Scifa could willingly infect people, then every person in the room was in danger. And James did not want to give him the opportunity to.

"You damn deities, why haven't you appeared yet?" James cursed. He pushed Lana out of the Old Master's reach and blocked the extended claw.

Even the Old Master's attack, despite being straightforward, would be troublesome if they hit, especially with the razor-sharp nails that the old man seemed to have suddenly gained.