5. Can't See Her Eyes

Dane's POV.

I sit with Gabe in our usual table in the canteen. Two of our friends have gone to stand in the line and get our lunch, while we wait for others to join.

"Hey, guys."

I look up and see Hans and Wei. Wei often comes here to have lunch with Gabe.

"Thank you so much, Dane! You saved my life," says Hans.

Gabe says, "yeah, if it weren't for him, the jocks would've killed you after they found out their beer money was held back."

Wei punches Gabe and he acts hurt.

Hans says, "yeah, you're right. They would've been very upset. Anyway, thanks again. I just came here to say that."

"Why don't you join us?" I ask him.

"No, I've some work to do before lunch. Will see you guys later. Bye."

Soon our friends and lunches come to the table.

"Guys, guess what today's hot news is?" says Axe.

Axe is the guy who knows everything about everything in our school.

"What?" asks Wei.

"We have a fresh new blood in school."

"A new kid?" one of the guys asks him.

"Yup! And damn, she's a goddess."

"A girl?"

"And a witch," says Alex.

I pay attention to them. Is he talking about her?

"A witch?"

"Sarah Winston. Jordan and Timothy's sister."

"What? really? I've never seen her. I know they have a sister, but I think she went to a witches' school."

"She did. But now she's transferred here."

"What does she look like?" another one of our friends eagerly ask.

"She's hot as hell man!"

My fingers slightly twitch. I guess they like her type.

"Really?"

"See for yourself." Alex pulls up a photo in his phone and shows it to the guy next to him and the guy whistles.

My fingers curl.

"That's a beauty right there!"

"Wait! I want to see too!" says Wei trying to get his phone from across the table.

"Woah, woah, wait. I'll forward it to our group chat. You can all see her."

*ding*

My phone notifies an incoming chat message. I leave it be.

In the evening, I take the permission to leave school early from my homeroom teacher and drive my car to the pack office.

My dad wants me to go through some contracts with his lawyer. Although, I'm the Alpha, I'm not fully in charge of pack duties till I graduate. My dad often asks me to join his meetings from time to time to teach me the ropes.

I return home late and take a hot shower.

Tying a towel around my waist, I get out of the bathroom. I grab a pair of sweatpants and t-shirt from my closet and throw them carelessly on my bed, knocking down to the floor some of my notes lying on top of it.

I pick up my notes and place them back on the bed. Then I lift one of them in my hand and flip its pages. I hold it up and turn it around in my hand, then throw it back on the bed.

I go to my table and pick up my phone. I open the group chat and scroll up a little and tap on the photo.

It is her. It's a side profile. She's smiling at someone. Whoever this creep was, he took a really good quality photo of her.

I remember how the guys were talking about her. I zoom in on the screen.

I guess... her face is beautiful, but it seems like something is missing.

I recall my memory of her from this morning: her face when she looked at me in front of the building.

I look down at her photo and realise, while unconsciously bringing my thumb closer to her face on the screen, I can't see her eyes clearly in this.
⤙–⤚

Please vote and comment on the chapters, will be very much helpful! 💕