9. Call From Sarah

Dane's POV.

As I'm swapping my books in the locker for my next class, Gabe comes up to me and says that the Principal wants to see me.

I go to block B, where the principal's office is and enter it.

Jordan is in there. The principal greets me and gestures me to take the seat next to Jordan, across his table.

"For the school's upcoming charity event we finalised the VIP guests. Here's the list," he says handing us each a paper. "I'll also email it to you along with other informations about the event."

The list has some foreign dignitaries and politicians' names on it.

"We were going to ask your fathers to speak at the event like they did every year. But this time, the school board wants you both to do it."

We both nod and after talking some more about the event, we leave the office.

As I start to walk away, Jordan says, "so, I heard you paid a visit to Block C."

I turn to face him.

"Yeah, sometimes we all do the least pleasant things in life."

He smirks, takes a step forward and says, "tell that Hans dog of yours that next time he wants shit from Block C, he comes and gets it himself, instead of sending his daddy."

I smirk back at him and say, "why Jordan? Afraid of daddies?"

He growls.

"What's happening?" one of the teachers passing by asks us before coming over.

Everyone in the school knows that me and Jordan shouldn't be left alone in a place for more than twenty seconds, if they don't want anything broken in there.

"Nothing. We were just talking," says Jordan.

We maybe Alphas but we're still students who hate detentions.

His phone rings and he takes it out of his pant pocket. I momentarily see the caller's name on screen and my heart skips a beat, "Sarah."

He hurriedly tells the teacher that everything is fine and starts to walk towards the exit. I do the same and follow him, a little behind. I can still hear him.

"What did I say about not going out alone?" he says into the phone.

He laughs and says, "Hanna? really? that girl is nothing but trouble."

"Okay, okay, but I'm sending two guards with you."

"No, this is not up for debate. Either the guards go with you to Harlem or you stay home. I don't care what dad says. I won't allow it. Am I clear?"

"Good. I'll ask the guys to pick you up at 8. You'll be back before midnight."

We both are out of the building and he walks away towards Block C, now far from my earshot.

I turn around and walk towards Block A. I heard enough.

In class, I tell Gabe sitting near me to tell the guys that we're going to a club tonight.

It's not rare for us to go to clubs. We make sure we often visit all the places in the town to see if everything is in order. It's important for the Alpha and the Beta to be aware of what's going on in the town.

"Cool. Which one?"

"Harlem."