21. I Beg You

Dane's POV.

I can take an army of werewolves on my own, but I know I can't do this alone. I need my comrades to help me conquer my love.

It's Saturday and we're at uncle Reagan's restaurant in the late afternoon. It's only, me, Gabe, Cole and Axe in here. I tell them about me and Sarah.

After a painfully long silence the gang breaks into a loud cheer that almost turned me deaf.

I think Cole is crying.

I feel a bit guilty that I made them worry about me this much for so long. I've known them since we were kids. They know how much the situation because of my mother has affected me growing up.

Seeing them happy for me, makes me happy.

"Alright! Our Alpha has scored us the most beautiful and badass Luna anyone could ask for!" exclaims Gabe.

"Weren't you listening Gabe? I told you we've not yet mated," I remind him.

"Oh you will, brother. All we need is for you and her to be alone."

"Yes, preferably before she could lift my larak."

"Got it," says Gabe nodding. "Seeing her in school is risky. Timothy might be watching her closely at school. Seeing her in her house is near impossible.

I think the only way is for her to come to you," says Gabe.

"How? She won't come," I tell him.

"She won't come if you tell her you want to mate with her. She'll come if you tell her you just want to talk," says Axe to me.

"You want me to lie to her?"

"No!

Listen, she's scared about the friction between you and her brothers. 

Her brothers are scary as they are, being VC's Alpha and Beta, but now she also has to deal with another stubborn Alpha, you. Do you honestly think she wants that?

You told us that she likes you, and we believe that. Since she really likes you, she would want to mate with you, too.

But what'll happen after you mate?

That's what she's worried about.

After you and her become mates, how do you think her brothers will react? and tell me, how will you respond to their reaction?"

"I won't fight them," I tell Axe surely. It'll only hurt her.

"Then tell her that! Tell her that you and her brothers are not going to continue to be each other's archenemies.

Make her understand that her family means something to you, too.

You'd want the same from her, right?

If your father asks you to let her go, what will you do?" Axe asks me.

"I won't let her go. I can't" I tell him immediately and see a proud smile forming on all the boys' faces.

"Attaboy. But girls don't think like us, Dane. You probably thought that even though your dad said no you can convince him later.

Sarah is not thinking like that. She's afraid she can't convince her brothers," says Axe.

"So I've to let her know that I'll never ask her to choose between me and her brothers. And even if she chooses them, I'll still be there for her."

"Precisely."

"Okay, now how do I tell her that?"

"Why don't you ask her to meet you first?" says Gabe.

"How?"

"Call her."

"I don't have her number."

My gang looks at me like I'm insane.

"You don't have her number?!!!" shouts Cole.

"Yeah, I mean, I didn't have the chance to–"

"Oh you did have the chance, brother. But you were too busy assaulting her instead," says Axe and I throw a death glare at him.

He laughs and says, "What? I'm telling the truth. I don't know why our Luna likes a barbarian like you. But since she does, it's our responsibility to make sure you two meet again. Give me 10 minutes, I'll get you her number."

"How?"

He shakes his head. "Trade secret."

He steps out to make some phone calls and 10 minutes later, I've her number.

The guys leave me alone to speak with her. She must be in her home now. Praying that Jordan and Timothy are not near her, I ring her.

"Hello," I hear her voice. My heart does the usual rapid beating.

"Hey," I tell her.

She doesn't respond. I know she knows it's me.

"Listen, I'm sorry about last time. I was a little... forceful," I tell her embarrassed, but not sorry. "So, please, give me another chance. Let's talk."

Her side is silent.

"Please, Sarah. I know you like me. Please don't pretend you don't. When you ignore me like this it's a torture."

"What do you want to talk about?" she asks.

"Us."

"What about us?"

"Sarah, please, I told you not to pretend—"

"I'm not pretending. It's like you said, I like you, too, Dane," she says and my already racing heart speeds up even more.

"But what are we supposed to do with it? I told you I can't be with you, even if you're serious. My brothers won't accept you, us," she tells me.

"Can we please talk about this in person?"

"So you can push me down again?"

"Sarah, please. I won't do that."

"No, you will," she says quietly. "And I won't be able to resist you, and it won't be because my spell doesn't work on you." 

I clutch a nearby table. My primal want for her returns. I want what's mine. I know she's mine. She knows it too. I'm angry she's keeping what's mine away from me.

"Sarah, I'm dying here. Please come to me! Don't force me to come to you. I'll come. I'll come to your house if I've to," I tell her seriously.

"Dane!"

"It's true. I can't do this anymore. I want you, Sarah. Come to me, please. I know you're scared of your brothers, but I promise I won't fight with them if it comes to that. I won't hurt them. But only if you become mine.

If they take you away from me, if you keep yourself away from me, I don't know what I'll do.

I can't let you go. I won't," I tell her firmly.

"Do you think that I don't want you, Dane? I want you, too. But I'm scared. I'm scared of what might happen afterwards."

"If you're scared then just hold onto me. I'll help you. You're not alone in this. I know how much Jordan and Timothy mean to you. I'm an only child. But that only makes me more understanding of your situation."

"I-I don't know, Dane."

"Please! I beg you!"

"Timothy has me under constant watch. I can't leave the house on weekends."

"Leave that to me."

"How?"

"Just leave that to me. I'll see you at Jill's cottage at 7 tonight."