34. Come Home Early

Sarah's POV (Eight months later.)

It's a witch thing, my grandma used to say whenever my body almost went limp after throwing up.

I don't know why it's a witch thing when it happens to humans, as well. I never asked her.

But what she said is what coming to my mind now as I'm holding the rim of the toilet, squatting in front of it.

Strenuously, I pull myself up, go to the sink and wash my mouth and face. Then I slowly walk to the bed, careful not to fall due to the lack of enough strength in my legs.

I sit at the side edge of the bed and wait for my muscles to regain some energy. Once I'm feeling better, a smile spreads across my face. I gingerly place my right palm over my belly.

I don't need a pack doctor or prime witch to tell me I'm pregnant. I can feel my child's energy inside me. He's a werewolf, like his father.

Taking a deep breath, I lie down on my side. For a moment, my mind is blank, except that I've a feeling that it's thinking something, something secretly.

Soon, I learn what my mind was hiding and silently cry. I turn and bury my face into the mattress as if it might help me stop crying.

I want to see mom. Dad, Jordan and Tim, too.

I hear a car stopping in front of the house. I get up and wipe away my tears immediately.

After climbing down the stairs from the master bedroom, I go and open the front door.

"Hi, Sarah. Is the document ready?" asks Cole. I see Gabe inside the car. I nod to Cole, "Yeah, give me second."

I go to the living room and pick up the folder on the coffee table. I give it to him and he starts to return to the car.

"Cole!"

He turns back. "Yeah?"

"Ask Dane to come home early."

"Sure. Is anything urgent?"

"No. Nothing urgent."

Cole nods and gets in the car. Gabe drives it away.

I feel slightly guilty not telling them, but I want Dane to know first.

In the evening, I hear Dane's car pull over. I hurriedly go to the door.

He gets out of his car and walks towards me with a confusion and smile on his face. "What's the matter?"

"What?" I ask him, buying time before the big reveal.

"You wanted me to come home early. Why are you smiling like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like you're hiding something."

Dane is right in front of me at the door.

I laugh. "That, I am. But it won't stay hidden for long," I tell him, tapping gently at my belly.

There could be a lot of reasons why one would want to get pregnant with their significant other, but seeing the other's face when they tell them the news has gotta be one of them.

Dane's happy and surprised face is everything.

Before I know it, my legs are off the ground while I'm secured in a tight hug.

After propping me up for few seconds, he puts me down and starts kissing me. The kind of consecutive kisses in which you don't know where the next one will land.

The fervid kisses end and he lets us both catch our breaths.

"Why didn't you call me sooner?" he asks me.

"No. I wanted to wait till you're home to tell you you're going to be a father."

Another round of carrying me off my feet and episode of kisses.

"Alright, let's go tell dad. Then we'll go to the pack doctor and–"

"We'll do the checkup and all tomorrow. Today, I just want to be home, with you."

He smiles wider. "Whatever you want, babe. Let's go." He props my back up on his arms and heads into the house.