11. I Don't Know

Dane's POV.

She doesn't move away from her friends.

And like Gabe warned me, I'm being molested by the girls around me. I've to do something.

I look at the VIP platform. The guys are busy eating and drinking.

Although, what I'm about to do can backfire, it feels like a solid plan.

I go to the group of girls and call them with my most impressive smile on my face. "Hey, girls."

The girls facing me stop dancing and their eyes and mouth are wide open in shock.

Sarah doesn't turn around to look at me but I see her go stiff. I smirk. I'm not the only one who remembers the other's voice.

Briefly after the initial shock the girls show excitement. "Oh my God! Alpha Dane! Is there something you want from us?" one of them asks suggestively.

"Actually, I do. I want to borrow Sarah for a second. Can I?"

Their expression widen again in surprise. Sarah stiffens even more. They all look at her and she shakes her head.

"Sure! she's all yours," says the girl who talked to the guards before. I like her.

"Hanna!" says Sarah angrily.

I tell Hanna, "Thanks. As for the guards," I say pointing at the VIP section.

She immediately says, "Oh, don't worry about them! We got it!"

"Hanna!" says Sarah again.

I thank Hanna before holding Sarah's arm and forcefully taking her away from the dance floor.

She struggles to get away. "Hey! what are you doing? Let me go!"

I take her out through one of the side doors, to a dark corridor. Then I take her behind the green-lit stage. There were some staffs that looked like they were going to stop me, but once they saw who I was they let me pass. She kept her head down all the way, keeping her face hidden.

Once behind the stage, it's just the two of us.

She's out of breath.

"What - are - you - doing?" she asks in between breaths.

"I wanted to talk to you," I tell her.

"And you couldn't have done that on the dance floor?"

"It was loud there."

She looks at me angry.

"Didn't you learn your lesson the last time we met?" she asks.

"What lesson?"

"You want me to teach you again?"

"Yes."

She breaks into a smile. "I think the pain affected your brain."

"It's not the pain that affected me, and it's not my brain that got affected."

She bites her lower lip and blushes a little. She asks quietly, "seriously, what are you doing, Dane?"

I love my name on her lips.

"I don't know." I tell her the truth. I don't know what I was doing coming here tonight. I don't know what I was doing dragging her in here. I just wanted to see her.

"I guess, I just wanted to see you again."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

We gaze into each other's eyes and then she looks down.

I slowly bring my left hand to her hood and pull it down. I lightly run my hand through her hair while doing that.

She looks back at me.

I start leaning into her. I'm almost near her lips when her eyes instantly turn red and my body freezes.

She smiles mischievously.

I can't move.

After a few seconds she lifts the spell. I move back.

"You always do that to people?" I ask her.

"Including this one, I've done it twice so far," she says.

"So, I'm special."

She smiles. "Or just an idiot."

"You could have done that to me on the dance floor," I tell her.

"I don't want others to see the Alpha they worship so dearly embarrassed."

"So you care about me."

"I care about not starting a fight between our packs."

Her face becomes serious. "What were you thinking holding my hand and taking me away like that? The girls may not tell my brothers but someone else might."

"So? What if your brothers know?" I ask her getting a little angry.

Her face shows hurt. "So that's why you're doing this? To get back at my brothers?"

"What?! No! I wouldn't even think of doing something like that. I told you, I don't know why I'm doing this. I'm not interested in girls. It's just..."

"It's just what?"

"I can't stop thinking about you."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"Why don't we talk when you know. This is pointless," she says angrily and starts to leave when I hold her back by her hand.

"Please! Stay! Please, Sarah!" I plead. I don't want her to go.

She stays.

"Dane, I can't do this. Whether you're serious or not, I can't do this either way. I can't be like this with someone that my brothers hate."

"Can we please forget about your brothers for a second?"

"You can, but I can't. I'm sorry. Don't come after me again." She leaves and I try to stop her when my body freezes again.

Once she has left the corridor, the spell lifts. I've only one thing in my mind now. I have to find a way to become immune to her spells.