8. Should I Teach Her?

Dane's POV.

I return home and see my father waiting for me to have dinner with me.

He's everything to me.

He took care of me all by himself since I was a kid.

My mother ran away with her lover when I was ten years old. My dad pretended he was fine but I knew he suffered a lot. He still does.

He loved her and she broke his heart.

I stopped crying over her since long time ago. I've no trace of love left for my mother in me.

He, however, still loves her. I know that because he has never been with another woman after she left. He tried, but couldn't.

This is why I stay away from women. They love anyone who seems interesting to them. And then get bored.

Girls like me for my title, my face and my body, even before they've spoken a word to me.

Their shallow interests only appall me more at the idea of love. Is that what love is?

But then what happened today?

My dad tells me dinner is ready and we both eat.

I go to my room and get ready to shower.

As I unbutton my shirt, my hand stops at my chest where she placed her hand.

Her hand was thin. Her fingers were long and slender. Her touch was gentle. I smelled rose from her, I think it was her perfume. She wore three small gold bracelets on her wrist, one of them I saw that day at school.

My heart begins to race. I shake my head. It's stupid. I strip fully and get in the shower.

I put on my black track pants, and lie down to sleep with my right hand under my head and my left hand resting at my side.

I close my eyes, feeling tired.

Two minutes later, I bring my left hand to my chest, where she touched me.

I sit upright. This is driving me crazy. Why do I keep thinking about her? Did she put a spell on me or something?

I reach out to the night stand and grab my phone, and open her photo. Seeing her face calms my restlessness. I see the blue checkered shirt she's wearing, and remember her attire in school that day.

Her jeans, t-shirt and shirt were all a bit loose. I couldn't see any curves in her body. But the dress tonight... although not fully form fitting, it showed some curves: the shape of her breasts and hips.

I swallow, as my body heats up. I run my thumb on the side of her face on the screen, like she ran her finger on mine.

I remember her hot breath near my ear when she talked. The stroke of her hand on my biceps.

More importantly, I remember the feel of her waist in my arm. Her waist was small and my arm completely wrapped around it. Her dress felt like feather. I could feel her soft muscles underneath it.

I slide down my thumb to her waist on the phone. I want to touch it again. Touch her again.

Then I remember the pain. I've never felt pain like that before in my life. I thought I was dying for a second. I couldn't move my own body. Her red eyes were intense. I could sense her powers were above normal.

I run my hand through my hair.

This is insane. I'm not interested in her. I don't want a girl. She made sure I know whose sister she was when she hurt me.

I'm a little angry. How dare she do that to me? to an Alpha?

Maybe her brothers didn't teach her properly how to treat a pack leader.

A smile forms in my face as I take my thumb back to her face on the phone. Should I teach her then?

⤙–⤚

Would really appreciate your feedback and vote :)