28. You Look Great

Sarah's POV.

Everything feels great.

I really didn't knew to be mated felt this good. Me and Dane meet whenever we get the chance and on some days I manage to convince him to not have sex and just hang out.

There's only so much my normal body can take. Although reluctantly, he agrees.

Every time we part, I feel pain. Pain of separation and pain from the realisation that our relationship is still a secret from my family.

But I always cheer up thinking about the next time we'll see each other. My days are now counted by the number it's away from our next date.

I park my car in front of the house noticing my dad and brothers' cars, and someone else's.

Getting in, I hear them talking in the living room. There's one voice I don't recognise. I enter the living room and see the person whose voice I didn't recognise but face, I do.

I exclaim, "Nick!"

"Hey, Sarah!" he gets up, comes and hugs me. I return it.

I've known Nick since we were kids. He's the Alpha of the Sol Wane pack and is about the same age as Jordan.

His and our packs are allies. I've hung out and played with him a lot of times when we were young. Now he's all grown up.

"You look great," he tells me. I mockingly push my hair behind my ear and tell him, "of course I do."

He laughs and says, "and you're still the same."

We talk for hours in the living room, catching up with each others' lives.

It's great talking to him like this. I wish I'd gone seen him sooner after my return.

When it's time for Nick to leave, me and my brothers go to his car to see him off.

He asks me if I'm free on Saturday. I'm seeing Dane on Saturday so I'm about to say no when Tim says, "she's always free."

I look at Tim knowing what he's doing. The smile on my face turns to a dreadful expression, but neither Jordan nor Nick notice it.

Nick laughs and says to me, "great! let's grab a cup of coffee. I'll pick you up at 10."

I politely smile and look at Jordan.

Jordan doesn't seem to mind that Nick is asking me out. My feeling of dread is now morphing into complete fear.

Jordan and Nick has always been very close. If there's a boy who can ask me out on a date without running the risk of being killed by Jordan, that's Nick.

I look back at Nick with the smile still on my face and tell him, "sure."

If I tell him no, Timothy will make things worse for me. Nick's smile widens and my heart sinks in guilt.

Once Nick leaves, we return to our home.

"You did good," says Timothy to me.

I don't reply him and desperately stop my eyes from watering. I go to my room and think hard about what to do about Saturday. What will I say to Dane?