10. The Hooded Girl

Dane's POV.

Me, Gabe and the boys are at the VIP section at the raised platform in the club.

I can see the whole club from here. Below is the dance floor. I look at my watch, it's 8:24.

About a minute later, I hear a group of girls laughing and entering the club. I look at the entrance and see five girls coming in.

They're all dressed for a party. Glittery, shiny, sleeveless tops and mini skirts and shorts. Except one.

She's wearing a black hoodie and blue jeans. Although, I can't see her face clearly from here, I know that's her. I recognise that silhouette.

The group is followed by two men. Guards.

The girls seem to be enjoying their conversation as they make their way to the VIP section.

I sip my beer and face forward.

I hear them coming closer from behind me.

As they pass our booth, my boys whistle and ask them to join us. I usually find that annoying, but not today. I don't turn to look at the girls. I keep my face forward and drink my beer.

The girls giggle. One of them says, "you guys even know which pack we are from?"

Axe says, "whichever pack it is honey, I'm joining it today."

Everyone laughs. Axe sure knows how to get girls laughing.

The girl replies, "I don't think you'll be joining Vermon anytime boy."

"Hanna, let's go," says someone quietly.

That's her. That's her voice.

"Alright, come on." The girls leave and take their seats one booth past us. The guards stand nearby in attention.

The booth partitions are only a couple of feet tall. I can see them from here.

She's sitting with her back to me and has pulled her hood over her head. One of her friends tries to take it down but she doesn't let her.

I smile. Guess she saw me and thinks I didn't see her.

From what they're talking it looks like they are celebrating someone's birthday today.

She doesn't speak much. Everyone seems to like her and keep teasing her. And when she does speaks, her voice sounds exactly the same as from that night. Beautiful. It sounds even better when she tries to refute their teasings.

After 15 minutes or so, her friends begin get up to go to the dance floor. She refuses and says she'll join them later, but they don't budge.

She points one of her friends to her guards. The girl smiles slyly and goes to the guys and says something.

The guys uncomfortably shift on their feet and then finally nod.

The girls leave and the guys get into the booth and order drinks.

I think whoever this girl is, I should thank her later.

Once the girls are on the dance floor they start dancing. I see her and she's dancing with them, facing the other way though.

I'm not the only one who noticed the girls hitting the dance floor.

Axe says, "hey come on, they're dancing. Let's go join them. I'm pretty sure the girl before was interested in me."

"Are you sure, Axe? If Jordan finds out you hit on the girls from his pack, he'll kick your ass," says Gabe.

"Oh, come on! He won't know. You think those girls will tell him? Nah, they'll be excited by our attention, the guys from their enemy pack — their forbidden fruit."

Gabe laughs out loud. "You sure as hell are going to get poisoned today. Alright, let's go, but I won't dance with any of the girls. If Wei finds out I'm dead."

"How on earth will she find out?"

"You don't know her, Axe, she'll know," he says before all the guys begin to stand up and get ready to go down.

"You coming?" Gabe asks me out of habit. I always tell him no, yet he always asks.

"Sure," I tell him.

"Sure, what?" he asks.

I get up. "I'm coming."

Gabe opens his mouth wide. "You're coming? Wow, something is definitely going on with you today."

I smile and doesn't respond.

He shrugs and walks towards the dance floor. I follow him.

Most of the guys have already found someone to dance with. Those who aren't dancing with anyone move towards the crowd near DJ. Gabe does the same when I tell him I'm not coming and will stay here.

"Okay, but know this is the centre of the dance floor. Girls will eat you alive if you're alone. I'm pretty sure you've already been marked by many of them on our way. Don't come crying to me if anything happens."

I smirk and nod at him. He leaves my side.

I turn and see the group of girls dancing to my right. My eyes are on the hooded girl.

⤙–⤚

Vote & comment 💕