7. Play With Fire

Sarah's POV.

As soon as I enter our home, Jordan comes to the door.

"Why did you go alone?" He's angry.

"I told our parents. It's fine. I don't want guards with me all the time."

"It's not fine. I know you're a strong witch, Sarah, but don't underestimate werewolves. You're my sister and some might want to hurt you because of that. If anything happens to you –"

I hug him. "Come on, nothing will happen to me. I promise."

His anger cools down a little. He sternly says, "I'm serious. Don't do that again."

I nod obediently.

My mom comes to us and says, "he was just getting ready to leave to get you. I told him he needn't worry, but I guess this big and ruthless Alpha will always fret over his kid sister and want to spoil her."

I laugh. My brothers may act all tough with others, but with me they're still like pups.

Jordan groans and tells mom, "I think you're the one who spoils her the most, mom."

We laugh and mom says to me, "come on, dinner's ready. Your brothers haven't eaten yet, waiting for you."

I smile and go to the dining room with Jordan.

Timothy is already sitting in our dining table, busy watching something in his phone. Dad comes and gives me a kiss on the forehead before taking his seat at the centre. I guess he was also waiting to eat with the rest of us.

Jordan sits next to him at the side and I sit next to Timothy, opposite Jordan.

"Where's Jasmine? I thought she was having dinner with us tonight. Did she leave already?" I ask Jordan.

Jasmine is Jordan's mate.

"No, she's not coming. She found out her little brother hasn't gone to the shrine yet, so she's taking him tonight."

"I didn't see her there."

"She's going to the shrine in her mom's pack," says Jordan.

"Oh."

I recall in my mind what happened when I was leaving the temple.

Dane looked extremely handsome in that suit. I could smell him when he pulled me close. He smelled like the forest.

I could feel his heart beat when I placed my hand on his chest. He was hot to touch.

I feel my face blushing now. I don't know what I was thinking, teasing him like that.

I shake my head off of that memory. I shouldn't play with fire. I taught him a good lesson, though. Good thing no one saw us there, or else there would be a war between our packs.