14. Kill It

Sarah's POV.

Me and Timothy are watching TV in the hall. Mom is in the kitchen and, dad and Jordan are in the garage.

"So, how was the party?" asks Timothy.

"It was a week ago, Tim. Why are you asking me this soon?"

He laughs. "Well then, how was the party from a week ago?"

I feel a little sad from remembering it. "It was great."

"Hmm. I can't believe you convinced Jordan to let you go there. Harlem is a common club between ours and Blue Streak's pack. Often, guys from that pack hang out there."

My heart races. Why is Tim saying that to me?

"Oh, I didn't knew. Jordan sent two guards with me."

Tim snorts and says, "those guards are useless against Blue Streak's warriors. Don't go to that club again."

I swallow hard. He doesn't know right? Did someone recognise me there? I had my hood over my head though. I also kept my head down when Dane dragged me away.

Maybe they recognised Dane and word spread of Blue Streak's Alpha walking away with a girl. It's an unusual scene, since he has never been seen with a girl before.

Is Tim trying to find out if that was me? Does he know I wore my black hoodie that day? What do I do?

"I won't go there again," I tell him.

"Good," he tells me, still watching the TV.

"Don't go near Dane, either."

My body goes limp. "T-Timothy."

He looks at me. He doesn't look angry, but I wish he did, instead of how he's looking at me now. His eyes are cold.

"I didn't tell Jordan not because I don't want him to rip Dane's head off. I also didn't rip his head off myself not because I don't want to.

I did nothing, because you did nothing.

You could've stopped him from touching you and dragging you away like that. But you didn't.

I won't ask why, but whatever's the reason I suggest you kill it before I kill him.

Do you understand?" says Timothy in a chillingly calm voice.

Tears start forming in my eyes. "Y-Yes."

He brings his left hand to my head and strokes it down. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to upset you. I knew one day you would want a boyfriend, I should've kept a better eye on you.

We'll find you a great guy, I promise. You don't have to do it yourself like this. You're not some common girl, Sarah. Me and Jordan, we love you very much. We can't hand you over to just any guy. Do you get that?"

I nod.

"Good."

Tim gets up, kisses my head and leaves the house.

Held back tears fall down my cheeks.

I cried hard that night. I don't know why, it's not like I even like Dane. But I couldn't stop the tears from coming out.

It's the next day.

I try to forget my conversation with Tim from yesterday. At lunch, he gives me a bar of dark chocolate. It's something my brothers do to make up with me, give me chocolate.

I accept it with a smile. His eyes look like they usually do. He doesn't seem angry with me.

But with the way he looked at me yesterday, I think I now understand why others fear my brothers. I've never seen my brothers showing their Alpha and Beta side to me. To me, they've always been only my brothers.