c45

content warning: brief mentions of a homophobic past

————————

Weekends with nothing to do we're always sort of relaxing to Ki. Not entirely boring, just peaceful.

Lately she had been all over the place most of the time, with Acacia dragging her to the library and a concert or two, and Lyra being... well her girlfriend.

It's not that being with Lyra most of the time didn't make her days a little brighter and her heart a little more full, but sometimes she just wanted a break from people. There was too much going on when you throw everybody that matters to you in a bowl and choose who gets your attention that day.

Today both of the boys were home too. Andi didn't have class on the weekends, and Shori didn't get his usual Sunday morning shift, so now all of them were left with an awkward 'well... now what?' attitude.

Usually Andi was off grading papers while Ki went to the library with Acacia—or out to the mall with Lyra—but now they all were under one roof, with nothing to do.

Ki sighed as she sat upside down on the couch, letting her hair dangle onto the floor as she watched Andi's newest episode of The Flash from a mirrored perspective.

"I'm bored." She mumbled, slapping her hands down on the couch cushions.

"We're not even half way through the episode, maybe if you were watching it the right way you'd be a little more interested." He glared over to her with his glasses halfway down his nose.

She gave a single effortless laugh. "You look like a librarian."

Andi sighed, pushing his glasses up the bridge of the nose and raising his eyebrows at her as if saying 'you done?'

"I'm serious though. Can we like go out to eat, or see a movie, or like... soooomething...?"

"What are you complaining about?" Shori interrupted as he came up from downstairs with a laundry basket cradled on his nonexistent hip.

"Shori! Let's do something fun today, like family style you know." Ki rapidly started getting up onto the couch in a normal fashion, instantly regretting how fast with the arrival of her darkened vision and spinning head.

"I mean, we don't have very much left in the budget for this month Ki... so nothing extravagant... but maybe. Huge maybe."

"See, it's not a good idea..." Andi sighed pausing the tv.

"You just wanted to be a lazy ass all day Andi, shut up." Ki stared at him, while Shori was looking away.

"Hey, watch it." Shori pointed a finger at her warningly as he started his walk up stairs.

"Come on Shoriiiiii..." Ki looked over the couch at him with a big cheesy grin that stretched the sides of her cheeks.

"Go get ready." He sighed, defeatedly. "We'll get lunch."

"Yessssss." She hopped up immediately from the couch, sticking her tongue out at Andi as she walked by the loveseat he was sprawled out on.

"Okay, but now I get to choose..." He called after her as she started walking away from him.

"You're gonna choose like McDonalds or something, you shit."

"These are the rules Ki. If you're dragging my ass out on my day off, you get what I want to eat."

"I second that." Shori called from their bedroom down the hallway.

"Ugh, fine."

————————